Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Invited to configure but can't find the design studio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. Stupid question. I received my tesla email inviting me to configure my car. I click on the configure button in the email and it takes me to a tesla login screen. I create an account and then it just takes me to the generic tesla website. What am I missing? Thanks in advance!

P2837

Hi. Stupid question. I received my tesla email inviting me to configure my car. I click on the configure button in the email and it takes me to a tesla login screen. I create an account and then it just takes me to the generic tesla website. What am I missing? Thanks in advance!

P2837
Why are you trying to create a new account? If you already have a reservation you should already have an account. Don't create a new one, sign into the one you already have.

Click on the "My Tesla" button in the upper right hand corner of the website.

No problem! Glad to help.

Three years is a long time! Especially if you haven't been obsessively checking the forums here and over at the mothership! Haha! ;-)

If I had checked out 2 1/2 years ago & done some sort of Rip VanWinkle wrt Tesla, I think I'd have less grey hair today. We'll all know better for the Model 3, Right?!

If I had checked out 2 1/2 years ago & done some sort of Rip VanWinkle wrt Tesla, I think I'd have less grey hair today. We'll all know better for the Model 3, Right?!
Yeah, after typing that it didn't make as much sense as it did in my head. I agree if I'd checked out the time would have flown by!

I meant to say it would be easy to forget which email and password you used to register if you haven't been checking obsessively the whole time. Ha! ;-)

I haven't begun thinking about the 3 yet. Won't bother until I can get a picture in my head! Haha!

I haven't begun thinking about the 3 yet. Won't bother until I can get a picture in my head! Haha!
Well if they do try for a drag coefficient for the Model 3 even lower than the S or the X, then expect something really sleek and futuristic looking like the GM EV1 or the VW XL1. Complete with rear wheel covers for maximum slipperiness.

Here, now you have a picture. :)

volkswagen-xl1-concept-photo-386075-s-986x603.jpg

Also note that sometimes the Tesla site redirects you for authentication, but then doesn't return to the intended page (instead, dumping you right onto the home page). Once you authenticate, click the direct link again and it should put you where you want to be.

Well if they do try for a drag coefficient for the Model 3 even lower than the S or the X, then expect something really sleek and futuristic looking like the GM EV1 or the VW XL1. Complete with rear wheel covers for maximum slipperiness.

Here, now you have a picture. :)

View attachment 102903
Haha! Quit trying to distract me from my X configuration! Besides, the XL1 is easy not to think about. U.G.L.Y. that one there is. ;-)