TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Invited to configure but can't find the design studio

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Nototrader, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Nototrader

Nototrader Member

Hi. Stupid question. I received my tesla email inviting me to configure my car. I click on the configure button in the email and it takes me to a tesla login screen. I create an account and then it just takes me to the generic tesla website. What am I missing? Thanks in advance!

P2837

2. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Why are you trying to create a new account? If you already have a reservation you should already have an account. Don't create a new one, sign into the one you already have.

Click on the "My Tesla" button in the upper right hand corner of the website.

3. Nototrader

Nototrader Member

Yes. Thanks! I didn't realize I registered with a different email address 3 years ago! Like I said, stupid question...

4. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

No problem! Glad to help.

Three years is a long time! Especially if you haven't been obsessively checking the forums here and over at the mothership! Haha! ;-)

5. MikeL

MikeL some guy

If I had checked out 2 1/2 years ago & done some sort of Rip VanWinkle wrt Tesla, I think I'd have less grey hair today. We'll all know better for the Model 3, Right?!

6. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Yeah, after typing that it didn't make as much sense as it did in my head. I agree if I'd checked out the time would have flown by!

I meant to say it would be easy to forget which email and password you used to register if you haven't been checking obsessively the whole time. Ha! ;-)

I haven't begun thinking about the 3 yet. Won't bother until I can get a picture in my head! Haha!

7. MrBoylan

MrBoylan Member

Well if they do try for a drag coefficient for the Model 3 even lower than the S or the X, then expect something really sleek and futuristic looking like the GM EV1 or the VW XL1. Complete with rear wheel covers for maximum slipperiness.

Here, now you have a picture. :)

volkswagen-xl1-concept-photo-386075-s-986x603.jpg

8. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Member

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

9. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Also note that sometimes the Tesla site redirects you for authentication, but then doesn't return to the intended page (instead, dumping you right onto the home page). Once you authenticate, click the direct link again and it should put you where you want to be.

10. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Haha! Quit trying to distract me from my X configuration! Besides, the XL1 is easy not to think about. U.G.L.Y. that one there is. ;-)

11. Candleflame

Candleflame Member

In Croydon you can see an XL1 in the big Volkswagen centre you drive past when you go down the M25. Havn't been in the centre but from the road the XL1 actually doesnt look that bad. Looks just a bit narrow.