Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

invites to gigs factory opening?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nicely done.

Surprised they waited until within the typical 3-week advance window (for airfare, getting time off from work, early bird TMC fees, and so forth), as that almost assuredly drives up the non-take rate and thus creates extra work for staff to fill the slots.

Not that I would complain if an invite showed up tomorrow, but that's because I and a +1 can drive up. If I lived in, say, Florida and had to deal with last-minute airfare for 2, um, not so much.

Shameless +1 schmooze alert:

Should anyone need a +1, I'm the lowest-maintenance +1 ever. Would simply meet you at the event - and I have been known to bring rare ale and proper glassware, all at the correct temperature. Putting that aside, I'd even drive from SoCal should anyone not want to fly up.

In any case, congrats to all and I too look forward to any pictures and stories after the event.

I am driving down from Canada in my Model S with the NWT Polar Bear plate to attend TMC Connect 2016 and looking for anyone with a +1 to the Gigafactory opening. I will have my Model S so can offer a ride to the party and back to Reno if needed.I realize this is a long shot but I have learned it never hurts to ask. :)

James_Locke_2.jpg