Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Invoice 48 hours before delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a text to say I will get the invoice 48 hours before delivery? That dose not give much time to make the payment? Is that normal? They also say 24 hours before delivery I will get the reg once payment has been made. So that gives a 24 hour window to make payment, am I missing something?

To add to my confusion I received and paid invoice last week but still received similar 48h message this morning so had to phone to check all ok. Excited to be picking up my new baby next week all being well :)

555282C0-1264-4479-A50C-0635EA3C189F.jpeg

I eventually got my correct invoice less than 24 hours before collecting car, Finance company had to pull out the stops to get money transferred in time. If it's any comfort, Tesla got MUCH more responsive to emails etc. within last 48 hours before collection... (i.e. difference between 3 weeks to get a response and 5 mins)

Reactions: Roy W.
Payment details:

Payment can only be received via bank transfer. Details below.

Entity Name Tesla Motors Limited
Bank Branch Citibank - Canary Wharf
Account title Tesla Motors Limited
Account No 1755 9860
IBAN No GB47CITI18500817559860
Sort Code 18 – 50 – 08
BIC / SWIFT CITIGB2L

I used RN number as reference to pay before i got the final invoice and the amount due was reflected (0) on the final invoice.

You can check if they received and credited funds in the source code. I transferred £1 first, then used the saved details to pay the rest through online banking.

how does that work if going through black horse? or is that for final deposit payment?
That’s where this could be done a lot better. The final invoice makes no mention of how much you pay Tesla, or BlackHorse, or how much blackhorse will pay Tesla.

you have to find your old email from codeweavers to see how much BlackHorse are funding = “Balance to finance”, and deduct that from the Tesla invoice “payment due” figure. Then pay the remainder to Tesla to the bank details on the invoice.

Reactions: ME_UK
Just got a text to say I will get the invoice 48 hours before delivery? That dose not give much time to make the payment? Is that normal? They also say 24 hours before delivery I will get the reg once payment has been made. So that gives a 24 hour window to make payment, am I missing something?

Supposed to be a week, I had only a couple of days to pay mine. its supposed to be "cleared funds" too ...

You may also have a daily limit on funds-transfer out of your bank (money laundering or somesuch ... can't see how paying £40K or 40 x £1K to same-person is any different ....)

Probably easier if you are on finance, as they will be dealing with Tesla with regard s to getting the funds to Tesla

That’s where this could be done a lot better

Lots of Tesla Back Office could be a lot better, sadly. Rearranging inconvenient pick-up time for example. I had three calls, from three different people, the day before pickup just checking that I would be able to make the pickup ... otherwise Tesla are hugely wasting their time with showroom space for a car that is not going to be picked up, and could reassign the slot to someone else. Chaos.

Got the same text about an hour ago - I already had 3 final invoices in my account. All different invoice numbers as well.

Picking up Monday 25th so will wait and see towards the end of the week if anything else appears in my account, if not I'll just pay the latest invoice (they are all the same amounts/details apart from the invoice number)

That’s where this could be done a lot better. The final invoice makes no mention of how much you pay Tesla, or BlackHorse, or how much blackhorse will pay Tesla.

you have to find your old email from codeweavers to see how much BlackHorse are funding = “Balance to finance”, and deduct that from the Tesla invoice “payment due” figure. Then pay the remainder to Tesla to the bank details on the invoice.
old email? I don't have one....

I already had 3 final invoices in my account. All different invoice numbers as well

My invoice was reversed, just after I sent the payment through ...

But that wasn't my first Tesla purchase, so i just went with the flow based on previous experience of it turning out all right in the end. But it must be unnerving for some people to be parting with a large chunk of money without actually having a hold on the goods, or the paperwork not representing the money