Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Invoice 48 hours before delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just checked my source code for "Existing Deposit" - and the funds I transferred 6 hours ago are now present in the code, having been added to the amount that was already there.

This now matches the 'Deposit' amount in my Black Horse agreement email. Now awaiting another invoice to show up in my account showing the 'Amount Due' to be equal to the 'Balance To Finance' amount from Black Horse.

A bit DIY to be honest - checking source code, calculations etc and then hoping - but hey, this is Tesla! Great product, evolving infrastructure! :)

Reactions: Roy W.
Did they send you an email on how to make payment, I’ve had nothing.
I received an email with the invoice attached which stated where to transfer the money. My bank initially withheld the transfer as they were concerned about fraud as I received the ‘instructions’ by email. To satisfy my bank I had to call Tesla and confirm the sort code etc with them.

when is the latest people would suggest I make payment??

Tesla have been flexible on occasions (e.g. being shown your banks statement that funds have left your account), they understand how impossible "payment due yesterday" type requests are ... so maybe similar would work for you.

All the Admin to work around this chaos must cost Tesla a fortune ...

Particularly this close to the end of a quarter - so that is in your favour ... Tesla need Completed Paid Sales for to keep Wall Street happy.

I received an email with the invoice attached which stated where to transfer the money. My bank initially withheld the transfer as they were concerned about fraud as I received the ‘instructions’ by email. To satisfy my bank I had to call Tesla and confirm the sort code etc with them.
Same with me, they are just checking as a lot of fraud about. I asked if they could tell who the money was going to and they said no. Seems strange that a bank cannot see were funds are going to when it’s a large amount of money.

here you go then :p

Tesla02.jpg

Telsa Edinburgh just called me to confirm Monday appointment. They said so long as I can show payment has left my account before pickup, they will be happy to send me on my way.

That’s really good to know.

EST have taken longer than promised and also forgot to put my payment in the payment run like they said they would. I’ve been worried about the pay 7 days thing before collection thing as I will only have the EST funds 6 days before collection.

I’d suggest you call EST if you don’t have the loan deposited as expected. EST seem to be messing up a bit.

I have heard that Tesla have been sending out Final Invoice to Scottish customers "really early" (for them!) to try to help with the EST red tape. So for folk making use of EST I suggest letting Tesla know that you are doing that, to try to get an invoice in good time before collection.

That is indeed the case. I got my final invoice on 24 August and promptly submitted it.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Tesla have been flexible on occasions (e.g. being shown your banks statement that funds have left your account), they understand how impossible "payment due yesterday" type requests are ... so maybe similar would work for you.

All the Admin to work around this chaos must cost Tesla a fortune ...

Particularly this close to the end of a quarter - so that is in your favour ... Tesla need Completed Paid Sales for to keep Wall Street happy.
It's their own fault for targeting the end of the quarter not averaging it over the quater

It's their own fault for targeting the end of the quarter not averaging it over the quater

I think that an overly simplistic view. To maximise their sales they have to build to ship to e.g. Europe in time to complete sale before end of quarter. So they make negligible deliveries in USA during that period, and conversely when they are manufacturing for USA market towards end of quarter (when no possibility of getting a car built, shipped and sold in EU before quarter-end) they are not building, nor shipping, to e.g. EU. So both USA and EU have no cars to deliver for periods of the quarter, which creates nightmare bursts of activity.

This chaotic activity is imposed on Tesla by Wall Street Shorts. Pity Musk was unsuccessful in taking the company private ...

I think that an overly simplistic view. To maximise their sales they have to build to ship to e.g. Europe in time to complete sale before end of quarter. So they make negligible deliveries in USA during that period, and conversely when they are manufacturing for USA market towards end of quarter (when no possibility of getting a car built, shipped and sold in EU before quarter-end) they are not building, nor shipping, to e.g. EU. So both USA and EU have no cars to deliver for periods of the quarter, which creates nightmare bursts of activity.

This chaotic activity is imposed on Tesla by Wall Street Shorts. Pity Musk was unsuccessful in taking the company private ...
Not realy you build in batches that get shipped but smooth the order out with more even deliveries not 4 shops in a week weather they deliver to the US or EU makes no difference.

That’s where this could be done a lot better. The final invoice makes no mention of how much you pay Tesla, or BlackHorse, or how much blackhorse will pay Tesla.

you have to find your old email from codeweavers to see how much BlackHorse are funding = “Balance to finance”, and deduct that from the Tesla invoice “payment due” figure. Then pay the remainder to Tesla to the bank details on the invoice.

so when I applied for Blackhorse I didn’t get anything. No confirmation, no emails, no phone calls.

when I spoke to Tesla, they said it’s been approved and I just spoke to Blackhorse who say they have no idea what the terms are but they’ve agreed to pay whatever Tesla invoice them. They suggested I speak to Tesla to clarify how much of deposit I need to give.

The biggest problem here is I applied for finance prior to price changes, and prior to me changing from MSM to White. So it’s not as easy as paying the remainder of what I agreed to pay on deposit.

ive emailed Tesla to ask but if anyone figures it out...pls let me know :)