Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Invoice price vs latest price - which one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When we had a price adjustment, Tesla repriced each item on the order at current book value, then adjusted to the lowest whole order price - for some, that meant no price decrease, ie when white and black colours swapped free/chargable.

Tricky one on the supercharging. Its possible that they will honour the price reduction and he free supercharging although they may well not. The spec of our car changed between order and delivery, but they did honour original spec (retro fitting homelink and supplying mats for free) and lower price which I thought was very good. However, like many early orders, our delivery was very much delayed so it could be thought of them keeping us sweet.

I ordered a M3 LR / white / white / towhitch / 19" wheels in early March and the invoice price is £51,440 with the £3,500 grant. Telsa are still saying that is the price I will pay, but if I put it through the website now, even with the reduced £3,000 grant, it comes to £50,440.

It's not a huge difference, I know, but Tesla are telling me that it is due to the VAT being "estimated" - I've never heard of that before. So in short, who knows :(