Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ioniq 5 vs Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Coming from a Sonata Hybrid, I'm really going to miss my wireless carplay/android auto, hoping I can cope with the MY apps :D

What apps do you use in Carplay that you will miss? The Native map that Tesla uses is far better for navigation than Carplay and the UI is extremely good. Also, Tesla simply gives you the best energy usage information apps in the market. Tesla now has Spotify and Apple music but I just use the native bluetooth for all my phone apps.

For people that like to speed, there is the teslawaze website that you can pop up on the browser while driving...gives you all the waze information on the screen. I use Carplay on my EV6 because the native UI is trash...i hate it. I still highly prefer the Tesla UI over my Carplay though.

What apps do you use in Carplay that you will miss? The Native map that Tesla uses is far better for navigation than Carplay and the UI is extremely good. Also, Tesla simply gives you the best energy usage information apps in the market. Tesla now has Spotify and Apple music but I just use the native bluetooth for all my phone apps.

For people that like to speed, there is the teslawaze website that you can pop up on the browser while driving...gives you all the waze information on the screen. I use Carplay on my EV6 because the native UI is trash...i hate it. I still highly prefer the Tesla UI over my Carplay though.
How does TeslaWaze work? I tried it a few times and the site didn’t want to keep up to where I was exactly located.

How does TeslaWaze work? I tried it a few times and the site didn’t want to keep up to where I was exactly located.

You have to enable the location to be enabled on the top of the browser. Try it again and it will ask whether you want the site to have location access. You have to enable location access for the site. Try it on your phone or computer and you'll see how it works.

Gotcha. I don’t think when I initially tried it that it asked me. I’ll try again tomorrow morning. Do I have to log in and can I just have it up and get notified? Tesla Traffic Incidents and Information correct?

You don't need an account. Just go to the website and enable the browser to get location data for that site. The link you posted is the right one.

Reactions: 1plavs
You have to enable the location to be enabled on the top of the browser. Try it again and it will ask whether you want the site to have location access. You have to enable location access for the site. Try it on your phone or computer and you'll see how it works.
If I have this up just to be notified of cops let’s say, would you happen to know does the Tesla navigation voice still kick in behind the scene?

Yeah...in fact the navigation directions switch to the section on the left of the screen on top of the car graphic.
Would you happen to know if there’s any way to set it to where the arrow is always pointing up like in the Tesla Navigation?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 84
when i am looking for an EV, my first choice was Y and I couldn't get it because of wait times. I jumped on to Ioniq 5 AWD limited trim and surprisingly I changed my second gas car as well to ID4 (pro S RWD). once Y price dropped like bomb explosion I jumped on it by putting trade in my ID4 (the value I got will be covered by my EV credit from ID4). taking Y LR tomorrow... I got instant VIN assignment on 1/13 itself ... Yayyyyy
Initially I thought about I5 to trade in but I think it will be better than ID4 and in some aspects I5 is on par or exceed than Model Y
I5 limited trim has very good packages. I think I5 charging curve is better than Y (to get 80% in 18min) and I never had problems with the EA charging stations I normally charge while taking longer trips. Also with recent battery precondition update, I am able to charge above 175kwh when temperatures are around 40F. I feel I5 is so smooth drive and very quite and quick as well to match Y LR. I5 limited trim feels refreshing and appears very spacious (actually feels much better comfort to rear passengers than Y.
From tomorrow, Y LR and I5... learning lot of things in this forum.... cheers

@chek39 Let us know how they compare. I've always felt the interior passenger space of the I5 was larger than the Y but I don't own an I5.
I already know.. lot of my freinds have Y and we felt more comfort in I5 than Y especially rear seat. Somehow i felt Y little cramp (u shape around door sides) with three adults in the rear and I5 is uniform and comfortable at rear. Sitting position and leg space is also good in I5. This is my experience and i dont know if everyone felt like me comparing I5 to Y

Reactions: BigNerd
I already know.. lot of my freinds have Y and we felt more comfort in I5 than Y especially rear seat. Somehow i felt Y little cramp (u shape around door sides) with three adults in the rear and I5 is uniform and comfortable at rear. Sitting position and leg space is also good in I5. This is my experience and i dont know if everyone felt like me comparing I5 to Y
Yeah it has like 3 more inches of rear hip and shoulder room which is pretty significant

Sold the BMW i4 and leased an Ioniq 5 Limited AWD with the $7500 cap reduction a week ago.

If you asked me to choose between a Model Y, Mach-E Premium AWD ER, Ioniq 5 Limited AWD, and BMW i4 it would be difficult.. probably with the i4 slightly above the others but less practical due to the sedan form.

I think the GV60 or Electrified GV70 is closer to the BMW i4 than the Y/Mach-E/Ioniq5.

Photo Mar 16 2023, 3 00 31 PM.jpg

Sold the BMW i4 and leased an Ioniq 5 Limited AWD with the $7500 cap reduction a week ago.

If you asked me to choose between a Model Y, Mach-E Premium AWD ER, Ioniq 5 Limited AWD, and BMW i4 it would be difficult.. probably with the i4 slightly above the others but less practical due to the sedan form.

I think the GV60 or Electrified GV70 is closer to the BMW i4 than the Y/Mach-E/Ioniq5.

View attachment 921125
I would like the i4 a lot more if they get rid of the rear seat middle hump and integration with Apple car play EV route. Otherwise, it’s a pretty good car.

The Ioniq 5 might well be a good vehicle, but at least in Canada who can tell? Current wait times for the Ioniq 5 in this country are approximately 2 years from the time of order (and that is not guaranteed). I get get a custom ordered Model Y delivered as early as next month, and can get an inventory Model Y as early as immediately. Manufacturers - other than Tesla - have not really figured out mass production of EVs yet, nor have they - other than Tesla - figured how to make much money selling EVs.

Haven’t driven the Hyundai but what kind of review compares a brand new car to used one? And they report range test numbers without even mentioning one of them is over an year old that had to participate in a ton of click-baity videos. What has happened to Edmunds?
There’s a crazy amount of bias out there, some of it now unconscious. It’s just the norm to treat Tesla as unfairly as you like these days and I’m sure most motoring journos have a good laugh about it. They do very nicely from all the trips and perks the major manufacturers (all but Tesla) give them - it’s quite a fun life. This is why most “reviews” and road tests are thinly-veiled advertisements and very few publications will ever say anything particularly damning about any vehicle from the majors. Been going on for decades.