Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ioniq 5 vs Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s a great video on the advantage of owning a tesla. I agreed with most of what he said. To the OEM, here’s a blueprint on how to improve ur EV!

What’s the advantage of owning a I5, beside the price?

Ride quality
Ventilated seats
HUD
Quality
Longer warranty
Design (preference)

Most people buy based on price. Right now, there is a substantial difference in price if you can get the I5 at MSRP and tax credit. I love my Tesla but I see the advantages of the I5...its a really nice car.

other than that terrible and expensive maint interval for the coolant discussed in this thread. That was a bit shocking.

This is the maintenance schedule for the EV6 which is basically the same car. You don't really need to maintain anything but air filter and braking fluid until well past 100k miles.

1655829416465.png

• Informative
Reactions: sleepydoc
Missed the replies but <5% is not the overall increase Tesla has made, just the last one.

You need to start from 2021 when they first started doing increases (after some rare drops).

But regarding what I liked about the Ioniq 5:

1. Front seating space: I like the open area between driver and passenger to put things like bags, backpacks, takeout etc... even your legs if you are so inclined.
2. Rear seats: If I remember correctly, they both slide and recline?
3. Electronically covered sunroof: I had to put the 2-piece shade cover in my Y.

What I didn't like:

1. Small trunk space
2. Small or even non-existent frunk space
3. Too low (which can be said for the Y): For SUVs (or CUVs) I prefer to step up into the seat or be at level with it, not sit down... old knees... what can I say? Plus I like being higher up when I drive... too many years of truck/minivans.

Missed the replies but <5% is not the overall increase Tesla has made, just the last one.

You need to start from 2021 when they first started doing increases (after some rare drops).

But regarding what I liked about the Ioniq 5:

1. Front seating space: I like the open area between driver and passenger to put things like bags, backpacks, takeout etc... even your legs if you are so inclined.
2. Rear seats: If I remember correctly, they both slide and recline?
3. Electronically covered sunroof: I had to put the 2-piece shade cover in my Y.

What I didn't like:

1. Small trunk space
2. Small or even non-existent frunk space
3. Too low (which can be said for the Y): For SUVs (or CUVs) I prefer to step up into the seat or be at level with it, not sit down... old knees... what can I say? Plus I like being higher up when I drive... too many years of truck/minivans.
Agree with your list. i5 front is really big. My 2 dogs fit comfortably one on seat the other one on the floor. It’s something I really miss now I’m back to MYP.
Don’t like key fob and don’t miss it at all. Start/stop button is just dumb on EV. Also super frustrating with its implementation of ‘dog mode’ that requires putting car in utility mode and using physical key to lock the door. You can’t use key fob at all once car is turned on. Small things here and there, but the main advantage is price. 17k saving is 17k extra in the pocket, cant beat that.

C853320F-677D-4FAE-A4EE-74BDBD666B1C.jpeg

Attachments

• 15EB4EFB-207E-400D-A9DB-F8F5AE5BA380.jpeg
    15EB4EFB-207E-400D-A9DB-F8F5AE5BA380.jpeg
    501.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Also super frustrating with its implementation of ‘dog mode’ that requires putting car in utility mode and using physical key to lock the door. You can’t use key fob at all once car is turned on.

View attachment 819252
Those at least seem fixable in software, unless Tesla managed to get some overarching patent on Dog Mode. If so, Hyundai should just call it Wine Mode- that's how I make use of the feature.

not until the backlog on existing product drops under 3 months, and it will then be LFC based.
Then, it will be time for Model Y Standard Range (which is basically here), and for the Cybertruck. I don't expect Tesla going to make cheaper cars until it completely fill up the market for the cars they sell now and for already developed cars like the Cybertruck. Only when the deliveries flatten or start pointing down will Tesla introduce new cars, IMHO. This is not going to happen until 2025 at least. So, expect new Tesla models in 2027 maybe.

It does appear that Tesla is going to cede the low end EV market to the traditional automakers.

Tesla never touched this market which traditionally was dominated by the Nissan Leaf and the Chevy Bolt. Now this space is getting even crowded. Tesla should not touch this market with a ten-foot pole until they bring to the market a product that’s clearly superior, the same way they have dominated the high-end market since the beginning.

Tesla never touched this market which traditionally was dominated by the Nissan Leaf and the Chevy Bolt. Now this space is getting even crowded. Tesla should not touch this market with a ten-foot pole until they bring to the market a product that’s clearly superior, the same way they have dominated the high-end market since the beginning.
I agree since I don’t think the others are making much, if any, money on this segment.