Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ioniq 5 vs Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Disagree
Reactions: MyEarHurts

Carplay is useful if your native UI is trash. The Hyundai/Kia software is terrible so Carplay is the preferred interface however, its annoying because its still wired (all other OEMs went wireless). Hyundai/Kia are bad at software...the new preconditioning feature is tied to the native Maps which is garbage. The updates i've received so far on the EV6 is laughable. I still highly look forward to the yearly holiday updates from Tesla. Overall, most people like Carplay because the legacy OEMs just have bad software.

No, no no no no. "ability to charge" or being "well built" are as important as "stylish"

What really matters when selecting a vehicle is . . . .

. . . its safety rating
We’ll see if other brands take the “survive a drive off a cliff challenge” now - pretty impressive! (Don’t try this at home kids!)

I bought my Ioniq 5 almost a year ago and have been very happy with it. At that point, it was almost a no-brainer vs. the ModeY as far as value is concerned. The recent Tesla price reductions have changed everything though. If I had to make the choice again today, it would be a Model Y, no doubt. Should be interesting to see how other manufacturers respond the reduced Tesla price.

I bought my Ioniq 5 almost a year ago and have been very happy with it. At that point, it was almost a no-brainer vs. the ModeY as far as value is concerned. The recent Tesla price reductions have changed everything though. If I had to make the choice again today, it would be a Model Y, no doubt. Should be interesting to see how other manufacturers respond the reduced Tesla price.
I also bought an Ioniq 5 in March 2022. My car has the dead 12v battery problem that Hyundai seems to be unable to find a repair for.
My car has been in the shop since Oct. 31.
I have a lemon law suit which is progressing its way forward, and will hopefully be resolved soon. If I get a full refund of my purchase price
which included of course dealer markup and dealer fees, along with taxes, I should receive a check for $57k which would pretty much cover
the purchase of a MYP, so pretty happy about the recent price cuts.

I also bought an Ioniq 5 in March 2022. My car has the dead 12v battery problem that Hyundai seems to be unable to find a repair for.
I have a lemon law suit which is progressing its way forward, and will hopefully be resolved soon. If I get a full refund of my purchase price
which included of course dealer markup and dealer fees, along with taxes, I should receive a check for $57k which would pretty much cover
Ouch, sorry to hear about your troubles. I got mine in Jan. 2022 and have had zero 12v problems. At least you have an excellent solution in place, I hope it all gets resolved.

I got a EV6 in June and it was about $48k with tax credit. At that point, the MY was almost $15-20k more expensive. If they were the same price, I would have probably chosen the Model Y. With that all said, the EV6 has been wonderful and I can see just as many people choose the Hyundai/Kia twins vs. the Model Y at the same price. I personally just like Tesla more.

Here in Florida, my friend’s early 2021 Mach-E was in the process of being bought back but the offer was so low (MSRP minus mileage and does not cover tint, PPF, etc) he just took their “don’t sue us offer” and flipped the MME to Driveway for more money than the buyback.

Carplay is useful if your native UI is trash. The Hyundai/Kia software is terrible so Carplay is the preferred interface however, its annoying because its still wired (all other OEMs went wireless). Hyundai/Kia are bad at software...the new preconditioning feature is tied to the native Maps which is garbage. The updates i've received so far on the EV6 is laughable. I still highly look forward to the yearly holiday updates from Tesla. Overall, most people like Carplay because the legacy OEMs just have bad software.
Just put in an order for a 23 MY. Very sad about losing carplay (wireless) coming from a sonata hybrid. Hoping the experience wont be too bad.