Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iOS 11.2.6 intended to fix phone key issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I have iPhones and haven't had any issues with using the phone as a key. However tucked away in the release notes of iOS 11.2.6 (out today to fix the issues with crashing on certain chracter strings), there was this item:

Fixes an issue where some third-party apps could fail to connect to external accessories

Sounds like could apply to the Model 3 key issues? Would be hard to know for sure though unless either Tesla or Apple confirms it.

It made a HUGE difference on my Kevo lock on my cabin. Clever lock that looks like a standard deadbolt but allows you to touch it and it talks to your phone and power unlocks the lock when you are authenticated. I can even email "keys" to friends and family so they can visit our cabin w/o us being there.

I used to have to force quit the app and relaunch because it was faster than waiting for it to detect that I was near the lock, now it works all the time.

Hope it works for those of you who have a Teslas, I wouldn't know. I only waited overnight in line to purchase a Model 3

-Randy