Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iOS 13 New Paragraph Issue

boaterva

Supporting Member
Apr 2, 2016
Northern Virginia, USA
All of a sudden, new paragraphs in posts with iOS 13 do not start with initial capital letters. Minor point but a real pain to backspace and correct.

The thing is, I can’t duplicate in mail or elsewhere and have no idea why it would be only in forum posts. Any ideas?

examples are (right there, that e should be upper case. I fixed the T on the previous paragraph.

wtf?!

iPhone 11 Max with current iOS 13.1.2.

mblakele

beep! beep! 💉
Mar 7, 2016
SF Bay Area
Hm... nope, standard reply to posts. One CR makes it not auto cap. Very weird.

You may be using the Rich Text Editor without knowing it. Is there a toolbar with "B I U ..." etc at the top of the reply textarea? That's RTE.

Anyway I mentioned it for the site admins. RTE uses a lot of javascript to do clever things, and some of that may be outsmarting itself with iOS 13. Might be as simple as getting the latest update from xenforo: they seem to be fixing other bugs related to iOS 13.

boaterva

Supporting Member
Apr 2, 2016
Northern Virginia, USA
Enthralle
Ffff

fcc
You may be using the Rich Text Editor without knowing it. Is there a toolbar with "B I U ..." etc at the top of the reply textarea? That's RTE.

Anyway I mentioned it for the site admins. RTE uses a lot of javascript to do clever things, and some of that may be outsmarting itself with iOS 13. Might be as simple as getting the latest update from xenforo: they seem to be fixing other bugs related to iOS 13.

Well; seems that then I am! Thanks!
How do you turn it off? I’ve never turnied it on that I’m aware and I don’t see a setting staring at me...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC