Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iOS 16 Public Beta - Tesla App and Watch for Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PauliePucks

3rd Party Accessory Junkie
Oct 29, 2021
NJ
Didn’t see any other posts on this yet, just wanted to share that both the Tesla App (4.10.0) and Watch For Tesla (1.2.4) are working without issue for me on iOS 16 Public Beta 1.

I’ve tested most of the shortcuts and app controls in both and have not run into anything of concern, as of yet.

Just in case anyone was interested in beta testing the new os (pretty smooth for a beta so far, I mean some of us trust our cars to beta software, why not our phone too!)

2019 M3 sr+ and I’m using iPhone 13 Pro for hardware reference.

Cheers!

Something I have noticed, being on the public beta is that my Calendar is no longer syncing. Also the bluetooth doesn't seem to be as responsive. Can't unlock the trunk anymore by standing in front of the trunk, I have to walk over to the driver door first to get it to unlock.

IMG_0008.PNG
IMG_0007.jpg

Reactions: J8ETD
Something I have noticed, being on the public beta is that my Calendar is no longer syncing. Also the bluetooth doesn't seem to be as responsive. Can't unlock the trunk anymore by standing in front of the trunk, I have to walk over to the driver door first to get it to unlock.

View attachment 828516View attachment 828517
I’ll test it out and see how it goes on my end. I haven’t experienced any issues with unlocking or proximity features.

Another thing I’ve noticed that, unpairing and re-pairing my phone to the car results in the phone named “iPhone” in the Tesla, even though I’ve renamed the phone in General-About. Not sure if it’s a Bluetooth bug in the beta or something in the communication.

Planning to pair to my laptop to see what it thinks the phone name is.

Just a thought - maybe in addition to unpairing and repairing the iPhone to the car, try re-enabling the show notifications option? Just a thought…I’ll add a few test calendar events and see how it goes and report back. I am definitely not having any proximity issues. I have noticed in the past that if my phone was off for a while in my pocket and I didn’t wake it before getting near the car, I would have to wake my phone and the proximity features would work again. Might be the Bluetooth transmitter Is asleep if the phone is In a sleep state for a while?

This is my experience…cant seem to connect to the car either…says its been two weeks…which is when I installed the beta

I was just going to post about this. Glad to see im not the only one experiencing this but bummed that ive been having to manually unlock the car through the app or turn bt off then back on for the phone to reconnect to the car. Super annoying and hope they fix it soon. I haven't noticed the calendar sync but I hardly use that feature.

Didn’t see any other posts on this yet, just wanted to share that both the Tesla App (4.10.0) and Watch For Tesla (1.2.4) are working without issue for me on iOS 16 Public Beta 1.

I’ve tested most of the shortcuts and app controls in both and have not run into anything of concern, as of yet.

Just in case anyone was interested in beta testing the new os (pretty smooth for a beta so far, I mean some of us trust our cars to beta software, why not our phone too!)

2019 M3 sr+ and I’m using iPhone 13 Pro for hardware reference.

Cheers!
Is this watch for Tesla from Tesla? Or someone else? Where can you find it?

Is this watch for Tesla from Tesla? Or someone else? Where can you find it?
It’s a 3rd party app. It’s on the App Store. I believe it’s $11-12. Allows watch control and also adds Siri shortcuts capabilities. Definitely worth the few bucks.

Sadly, Tesla has still not yet created/implemented an official watch app.

It’s a 3rd party app. It’s on the App Store. I believe it’s $11-12. Allows watch control and also adds Siri shortcuts capabilities. Definitely worth the few bucks.

Sadly, Tesla has still not yet created/implemented an official watch app.
Saw that one thanks. Wasn’t sure if Tesla finally released their own. Sort of stupid that they don’t have something so basic in today’s world

Reactions: PauliePucks
Yeah - I have the same problem - It initially pairs with the car correctly - but afterwards it has a connection to a random bluetooth string instead of the named profile for the car. I can't figure out how to get it to work beyond that....

hmm…it’s so odd that I am not having these issues… at all! No phone-as-key connection problems, calendar is syncing fine too.

Even CarPlay is working on my dash display pretty smoothly.

Is everyone on the public beta or developer branch?

Also I am on FSDb 10.12 (2022.12.3.20), are you all on a 2022.16 branch or higher? Maybe that could be why I’m not having these issues? FSDb 10.13 (2022.16.3.5) is starting rollout today, I’ll install and test when available to me.

hmm…it’s so odd that I am not having these issues… at all! No phone-as-key connection problems, calendar is syncing fine too.

Even CarPlay is working on my dash display pretty smoothly.

Is everyone on the public beta or developer branch?

Also I am on FSDb 10.12 (2022.12.3.20), are you all on a 2022.16 branch or higher? Maybe that could be why I’m not having these issues? FSDb 10.13 (2022.16.3.5) is starting rollout today, I’ll install and test when available to me.
Are you on iOS 16(beta)? What did you mean by CarPlay is working on your dash display?

Same here. To be clear, I am on iOS 16 Public Beta 1, *not* the Developer Beta. Other stuff works -- phone connects to the car, contacts are there, call history is there, music works. It's just the calendar.

Reactions: mcvaughan