Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iOS 16 Public Beta - Tesla App and Watch for Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. To be clear, I am on iOS 16 Public Beta 1, *not* the Developer Beta. Other stuff works -- phone connects to the car, contacts are there, call history is there, music works. It's just the calendar.
OK, glad to know it wasn't just me.

I did have one issue that concerned me. Went to see a movie and car key wasn't working -- had to reboot the phone. Got a little concerned since I didn't have my key card with me.

Didn’t see any other posts on this yet, just wanted to share that both the Tesla App (4.10.0) and Watch For Tesla (1.2.4) are working without issue for me on iOS 16 Public Beta 1.

I’ve tested most of the shortcuts and app controls in both and have not run into anything of concern, as of yet.

Just in case anyone was interested in beta testing the new os (pretty smooth for a beta so far, I mean some of us trust our cars to beta software, why not our phone too!)

2019 M3 sr+ and I’m using iPhone 13 Pro for hardware reference.

Cheers!
Thank you!

Reactions: PauliePucks
I tried the MCU reboot but with no effect. Most things work between iOS 16 Beta 1 and the Tesla; the things that don't work for me are calendar sync and any kind of control, like unlocking the car. Anyone else having the same symptoms?

Update: now running iOS 16 Public Beta 2 (same as Developer Beta 4) and no improvement. Calendar sync and remote unlock still not working.

I’m not having any of these issues, but my phone (12 mini) gets hot to the point that it shuts down charging in my 2021 LR console charger. Anyone else?

JW
Haven’t had this issue, but to clarify, by console do you mean wireless charging, or a cable? If it’s a cable, is it an Apple cable? I have had issues w non Apple cables in the past

I’m sorry to have been unclear. I mean the wireless charging pads at the forward end of the console. It happens on both sides. No problems using a cable in the car, and no problems with a MagSafe charger at home. I am on iOS 16 public beta 2. I do need to try it on a non-MagSafe wireless pad.

Thanks,

JW

I’m sorry to have been unclear. I mean the wireless charging pads at the forward end of the console. It happens on both sides. No problems using a cable in the car, and no problems with a MagSafe charger at home. I am on iOS 16 public beta 2. I do need to try it on a non-MagSafe wireless pad.

Thanks,

JW
No apologies necessary! Just trying to help eliminate any other causes that I have personally encountered.

Trying another Qi wireless charger could help diagnose whether it’s beta or the car. Also I would try another phone not on beta if possible in the car wireless charger.

In my experiences with both iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro, both do get hot while wireless charging. Neither have ever shut down because of temperature sensing. My guess is it’s the beta software, because it’s only happening since you’ve installed it. However, it’s a Tesla lol nothing surprises me anymore 😆

Now on the official iOS 16 I still cant get my calendar to work…anyone have a fix for this? Calendar access allowed, turned on in the tesla app
4EA0910B-B4F2-43F1-84AD-CB6C2B1990BE.jpeg

Reactions: J8ETD
Just had Tesla tech at my house...he was able to log into the Tesla app as me on his android phone and get the calendar up. So, it's not a Tesla issue. I think the beta profile messed it up. Will know tomorrow with a new iPhone and will test my wife's iPhone with iOS 16 (never had beta profile).

Reactions: J8ETD
on 16.0.1 with a 14pro i was getting “check your internet connection” in the app for both my M3 and powerwall. turns out it must have been a token problem since logging out of the app and then logging in again fixed it. sort of a misleading error message.