Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iOS 7 streaming problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ever since downloading IOS 7 to my iPhone 5 my phone no longer streams music to my media app. When I connect my phone to Bluetooth of my car, only the phone connection works. Media will not connect. Anyone else have this issue?

I have Tesla 5.0 firmware (102) and I don't have a problem streaming from my iPhone 5 with iOS 7.0 or 7.0.2 to the car.

Ever since downloading IOS 7 to my iPhone 5 my phone no longer streams music to my media app. When I connect my phone to Bluetooth of my car, only the phone connection works. Media will not connect. Anyone else have this issue?
Yes, I had this problem too. The fix was very easy. Simply remove the phone from the paired phone list and then pair it as a new phone. I have been streaming iTunes Radio via BT and it works quite well.

I have it working but it feels like with IOS7 I get more frequent hiccups while steaming music, anyone else noticed that?

Maybe more stuff going on in the background on the iPhone with IOS7 and it can't keep up streaming? I know for example there's a new feature that updates apps automatically...maybe time to upgrade my phone to 5S :tongue:

Any solutions for this issue for those of us using 4.5? I have iPhone 4S with iOS 7. Media does not even connect half the time, and when it does it must be controlled from the phone. I have no issues with making and receiving calls. Help! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind, I figured it out. For anyone else having this issue, reset the network settings on your phone. After doing that, my phone paired perfectly the first time and I can no control the media from the car. Yay!

... Never mind, I figured it out. For anyone else having this issue, reset the network settings on your phone. After doing that, my phone paired perfectly the first time and I can no control the media from the car. Yay!

Just be aware that resetting network settings will cause all your remembered WiFi passwords to be forgotten, among other settings.