TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

iOS 7 streaming problem

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by teslasguy, Sep 28, 2013.

1. teslasguy

teslasguy MSP P#1117

Ever since downloading IOS 7 to my iPhone 5 my phone no longer streams music to my media app. When I connect my phone to Bluetooth of my car, only the phone connection works. Media will not connect. Anyone else have this issue?

2. techmaven

techmaven Active Member

I have Tesla 5.0 firmware (102) and I don't have a problem streaming from my iPhone 5 with iOS 7.0 or 7.0.2 to the car.

3. spaghetti

spaghetti Member

Yes, I had this problem too. The fix was very easy. Simply remove the phone from the paired phone list and then pair it as a new phone. I have been streaming iTunes Radio via BT and it works quite well.

4. teslasguy

teslasguy MSP P#1117

Thanks. I had tried deleting my iPhone from the Tesla and repairing. Had to delete the Tesla from the Bluetooth list on the iPhone and then repair. All is well now.

5. mulder1231

mulder1231 Active Member

I have it working but it feels like with IOS7 I get more frequent hiccups while steaming music, anyone else noticed that?

Maybe more stuff going on in the background on the iPhone with IOS7 and it can't keep up streaming? I know for example there's a new feature that updates apps automatically...maybe time to upgrade my phone to 5S :tongue:

6. rdrcrmatt

rdrcrmatt Member

I was having a similar issue. I just turned off bluetooth on the phone and turned it back on, hit connect on the car and it was back up and running.

7. Brian Griffin

Brian Griffin New Member

Repairing did not work for my 4S, it will only stream when controlled from the phone, the media controls on the console and steering wheel are dead. They neither do anything nor reflect that the phone is playing or not. The telephone works fine, however.

8. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

Any solutions for this issue for those of us using 4.5? I have iPhone 4S with iOS 7. Media does not even connect half the time, and when it does it must be controlled from the phone. I have no issues with making and receiving calls. Help! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind, I figured it out. For anyone else having this issue, reset the network settings on your phone. After doing that, my phone paired perfectly the first time and I can no control the media from the car. Yay!

9. studiojon

studiojon Member

I have found that occasionally the streaming will continue to work but Model S loses the ability to control the transport. In that case, powering down and rebooting the iPhone fixed it for me. Just FYI. I'm running 5, build 107 btw.

10. Klaus

Klaus Member

Just be aware that resetting network settings will cause all your remembered WiFi passwords to be forgotten, among other settings.