Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IOS app not connecting via internet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Iphone 12 pro, latest ios version, and Tesla app the latest version. The app isnt connecting to the car since 4 days ago, I believe this was around an update for the car being installed. If I'm sat in the car it connects fine. Close the app and get out of bluetooth range and it fails to connect again.
I have closed and reopened the app, shut down the phone and rebooted - oh yes and after that last car update i did have to do a 2 button reset for wifi to reconnect. The phone unlocks the car fine and able to drive. The ios app reports in security the phone is connected but none of the controls work - i just see the spinny disk trying to connect.

Would deleting and reinstalling the app work? - or sign out of allow mobile access in the car and back in again work - or could this just be a temporary server issue - I have no internet issues on my home computers.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks @Burley , noted. A bit more info, just sat in the car and launched the app - immediately connected, did another two button reset and once rebooted all connected fine again via the bluetooth. checked wifi was good then exited the car but left the app running. closed the garage and went back to my computer room - where it cant connect via bluetooth (and previously failed to connect) but the app remained connected so must have been connected by wifi. I have cameras in my garage - so watched the car and flashed the lights from the app - fine. closed the app and relaunched it - connected immediately and flashed lights again.
will leave it an hour and try again,

Sounds like app may not be able to wake the car. Do you have any other phone or app that you can try, ie TeslaFi?

Car is woken remotely by it being sent an SMS message sent from Teslas servers. If that SMS message is not received the only way of waking car is by physically waking it (try doors etc) or at close range via Bluetooth.

Does that sound like the scenario? If so, the cars SIM or lte connection may be inoperative.

Iphone 12 pro, latest ios version, and Tesla app the latest version. The app isnt connecting to the car since 4 days ago, I believe this was around an update for the car being installed. If I'm sat in the car it connects fine. Close the app and get out of bluetooth range and it fails to connect again.
I have closed and reopened the app, shut down the phone and rebooted - oh yes and after that last car update i did have to do a 2 button reset for wifi to reconnect. The phone unlocks the car fine and able to drive. The ios app reports in security the phone is connected but none of the controls work - i just see the spinny disk trying to connect.

Would deleting and reinstalling the app work? - or sign out of allow mobile access in the car and back in again work - or could this just be a temporary server issue - I have no internet issues on my home computers.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
I’m having the same issue today. Might be Tesla server issue as I recall similar in the past. I’ll see how it is tomorrow.

Thank you to you all for your comments, update - Tried the app again this morning and its connecting up so perhaps the two button reset did the trick, no idea why the first two button reset failed to fix it though.
Mine was unresponsive this morning again. After being out I let it go to sleep to see if any change… nope. I’ve now done a 2 button reboot so I’ll try again later. In this rare situations I do sometimes wonder if it’s Tesla that sorts its self out and the reset is a coincidence… will try to connect in a couple of hours when deep sleep should be reigning.

Sounds like app may not be able to wake the car. Do you have any other phone or app that you can try, ie TeslaFi?

Car is woken remotely by it being sent an SMS message sent from Teslas servers. If that SMS message is not received the only way of waking car is by physically waking it (try doors etc) or at close range via Bluetooth.

Does that sound like the scenario? If so, the cars SIM or lte connection may be inoperative.
Just curious, now that the UK is not part of the EU, do you still get LTE connectivity when driving in EU countries?