Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iOS app: Tesla notifications "work," but they're not actually letting me know they triggered.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WilliamG

Hinge Fanatic
Apr 20, 2019
Seattle, WA
This has been driving me a bit crazy for a while. If I unlock my phone, I can then see oh yes, I have a notification from Tesla that my car is charged, or that the car has hit my set temperature inside etc, or that Tesla Service has messaged me, but the problem is I'm not getting alerted that these alerts have been triggered.

Anyone else having the same issue? iPhone 13 Pro Max, with the latest iOS app.

What do you have setup under: Settings -- Notifications-- Tesla (app)? check your settings there, adjust to your liking.
Yeah it’s not that. All my other apps work fine…

Attachments

• F1828100-9EEB-4D32-85AB-F1FB7A68C2E9.png
    F1828100-9EEB-4D32-85AB-F1FB7A68C2E9.png
    196.5 KB · Views: 316
Interesting. I’ll test with this latest app version (getting now). Thanks.

Let me re phrase (lol). "I still GOT notfications on my iphone, even today, prior to just now receiving this new app update I mentioned above. Since I just got the new app update mentioned, I dont know if notifications still work after updating, which I did about 5 minutes before I posted my last message".

Sorry for the possibly misleading previous post.

Reactions: WilliamG
Let me re phrase (lol). "I still GOT notfications on my iphone, even today, prior to just now receiving this new app update I mentioned above. Since I just got the new app update mentioned, I dont know if notifications still work after updating, which I did about 5 minutes before I posted my last message".

Sorry for the possibly misleading previous post.
I hear you. For me it’s not that I didn’t get notifications, - it’s that I wasn’t notified about the notifications. 😂 I wonder if it’s because it’s not working correctly with the Apple Watch for some reason. It’s the only app that misbehaves, mind. Just odd.

I hear you. For me it’s not that I didn’t get notifications, - it’s that I wasn’t notified about the notifications. 😂 I wonder if it’s because it’s not working correctly with the Apple Watch for some reason. It’s the only app that misbehaves, mind. Just odd.

Ahh, you did say that, sorry.. I missed that part. I have all my notifications on silent because ...(well, why isnt super relevant, really lol), so I dont know if I was or was not getting notification vibrations, notification sounds, etc.

Ahh, you did say that, sorry.. I missed that part. I have all my notifications on silent because ...(well, why isnt super relevant, really lol), so I dont know if I was or was not getting notification vibrations, notification sounds, etc.
All good! Right. I just asked my wife and it’s the same for her. She looks at her phone and the notifications are there, but she’s not getting them actively. Maybe this app update sorts it. We’ll see when the car is done charging later. 😂

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Nope. Sadly no buzzing-me notification. Just glanced at my phone and can see the notification, but I wasn’t let know that my car completed charging.

Sigh.