Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Tesla App v4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charge port is more easily accessible
location is more accurate (ish). It used to give the only road name near to my property but I don’t live on that road. Now it actually names my neighbour’s house as the location! To give the house name is impressive. Shame it’s the wrong one ;)
So, in an effort to move the car onto my property, I backed out of the garage. New location named as next door but one the other way!
perhaps my house doesn’t exist.
since the app is now naming properties, does anyone know the what map source is being used?

The v4 App is not being offered on iOS v12.5.4 (iPhone 6) - requires iOS 13.0 or later

I'm probably due a new phone this year as more and more app updates (some more than just cosmetic/new features) are no longer supporting this device

Release notes for v4 - looks to be some useful features
if you thinking of a new iPhone then probably worth waiting until mid September when the new 13 is expected to be announced. This will also reduce the cost of existing models if you don‘t need the latest features. The one exception to that is the iPhone SE which is an iPhone 8 with 2019 innards and came out in April last year, so it’s anyone’s guess when that will be upgraded. If you find the iPhone 6 size OK then that may be a shout as pretty much the same size and adds wireless charging which works well in the car if you have a Tesla that has that feature.

Charge port is more easily accessible
location is more accurate (ish). It used to give the only road name near to my property but I don’t live on that road. Now it actually names my neighbour’s house as the location! To give the house name is impressive. Shame it’s the wrong one ;)
Mine is far less specific, now rather than the village where I live the cars is simple in the "Chiltern Hills" which sounds fantastically wistful.

• Funny
Reactions: Adopado and Dilly
I have spotted a (very) minor UI inconsistency on the Climate page for RHD cars. The steering wheel is on the 'right' side, but the screen display is still the LHD version:
Tesla-app.jpg

The old widget allowed me to lock/unlock the car, open trunk and toggle the climate without opening the app. It looks like that ability has been removed now, unless I'm looking in the wrong place?
There wasn't a widget available for the app until this update. You had to open the app in order to do all those things. The 'Tesla for Watch' app allowed widgets with those functionalities.

So, in an effort to move the car onto my property, I backed out of the garage. New location named as next door but one the other way!
perhaps my house doesn’t exist.
since the app is now naming properties, does anyone know the what map source is being used?
Tesla and the world's most powerful neural network computer cannot be wrong - I think you need to advise your neighbours that Elon has simply decided to grant you full rights to their properties...

• Funny
Reactions: Dilly
There was ... in the widget area side panel/drawer (not the new style that uses home screen space).
You're kind of both right.

The widget was available for anyone who had it active at (I think) iOS 13, but was not available to activate after that. So if you had it then you kept it, but if you didn't then this is the first time you can have a widget.