Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iOS Mobile App Missing VENT option, has DEFROST instead?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting, I have the same issue with my wife’s M3 RWD, while my MY, which is a few months older has it. Both are on the same software version 2022.36.6, but only the Y has the vent option.
The 3 doesn’t close the windows when you walk away either, only locks.

Sept 13 Model Y: I finally got 2022.36.6 yesterday (coming off the factory version x.x.200) and I still don't have 'windows close on lock'.

I read the articles about the recall and Tesla was saying there will be a firmware update in Nov 2022 to address the issue. I don't know if that's second hand information or an actual quote from Tesla.

No idea what the fix will be: remove it all together or revise the motors to be in compliance with the requirements.

took delivery of a 22 MY LR last week and have been getting it configured over the weekend. I was surprised that I am unable to open or close the windows via the iOS Mobile App in either the CONTROLS or CLIMATE sections. What I discovered is that what my mobile app shows me is inconsistent options from my wife's as her app shows VENT in both CONTROLS and CLIMATE menus, but not DEFROST.

Does anyone know why mine would show DEFROST and my wife's would show VENT? It'd be great if we each both options in our respective apps.

Troubleshooting attempted to so far:
  • Checked every option/setting in the car, my profile, and my mobile app
  • Forced close app
  • Reboot phone (iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16, fully updated OS and app)
  • Uninstall/reinstall Tesla app (which requires re-paring the phone as key...)
Tesla's support site has been useless for this and I haven't found anything good in the forums yet. Anyone see this and resolve? Is there a setting or config
There are multiple quick control icons that can be put on phone app.

Check out these youtube videos:
Starts at 2;30 into video

You can also add a fifth quick control icon

There are multiple quick control icons that can be put on phone app.

Check out these youtube videos:
Starts at 2;30 into video

You can also add a fifth quick control icon
Tesla has removed the functionality due to some government mandate until further notice. As to who this impacts, where, and what vehicles is unknown. But the functionality does not exist for several of us that meet this mystery criteria. The option for windows does not exist anywhere in the UI for those lucky folks.

Tesla has removed the functionality due to some government mandate until further notice. As to who this impacts, where, and what vehicles is unknown. But the functionality does not exist for several of us that meet this mystery criteria. The option for windows does not exist anywhere in the UI for those lucky folks.
Gotcha! Sorry to hear this, here I thought I was saving the day!

Reactions: ziptbm
Just need latest software.
1000001174.jpg

Not for everyone. It depends on your specific vehicle and location. My MYLR7 from Aug 22 Fremont still does not have it. All software fully updated.

Per Tesla and as previously shared, there is apparently a government mandate that impacts certain vehicles in specific geographies.
But it was a mandate, two cars in the same household should have the feature (or not). In my case my Feb 22 MY has it, my wife sept 22 M3 doesn’t. I don’t get it.