Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ios Not getting "Charge Complete" notification all others are good

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, called Tesla and they have no idea how to help, perhaps somebody here had an issue like that.

I stopped getting "Charge Complete" notification on my iphone X. Everything has the latest firmware, I tried Tesla reboot, phone reboot and still not luck. All other notifications (Charging Started, summon) are good

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hi, called Tesla and they have no idea how to help, perhaps somebody here had an issue like that.

I stopped getting "Charge Complete" notification on my iphone X. Everything has the latest firmware, I tried Tesla reboot, phone reboot and still not luck. All other notifications (Charging Started, summon) are good

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Same problem here too, being experienced since a month ago. Others who reported on Reddit of the missing "charge complete" notification indicated that Tesla Service WAS aware of this problem - now you say they aren't? One thing's for sure - it is not your phone.

My Camera Surveilance system at home stoped sending push notifications and a few days later they sent a server side update titled - "Apple push notification update". Maybe Apple changed something related to how they process push notifications....

I haven't got a "charging complete" message on either of my iPhones since last update (2018.48.12). I think it is the firmware, for me that is the most probable answer since it has a ton of other bugs for me.

Hopefully the reason we haven't seen an update for X or S in awhile is because they are working hard on fixing all those issue with things that used to work fine.

I actually decided to go back and email Tesla support again and after going back and force and getting standard

"Normally, this would be done while you are working with our Vehicle Support team. I will escalate this case to our Advanced Vehicle Support team to review "

I finally got the email

"I did just actually receive information advising on the "Charge Almost Complete" and Charge Complete" alerts on the mobile app is a known bug and the engineers are currently working on a fix that will come out in a firmware update as soon as possible. Our Engineers did advise this bug is most frequent when a charging session is started above 60%, the alerts sometimes will not go out, however we have been advised the charge on the Tesla can vary with this firmware bug. We hope to have this taken care of soon.

Best,

Tristan | Tesla Support"

I don't think it is a problem with the car's firmware. I'm still on v8.1 2018.36.2 (deliberately) and my "Charging Completed" notifications stopped completely around a month ago, which is around the time when I updated the iPhone APP to 3.8.0.

To me it looks like a problem with the phone APP instead.

I have a scheduled charge every morning at 04:00 which charges the car from around 55% to 72% and still never see the charging completed notification.

I also tried to reinstall the APP to no avail.

Don't know if it is different with SuC'ing as I would normally not let it complete the charge.

@migselv I think you missed it. Tesla said it is a bug :)

Indeed, so they say. However, I’m not convinced that this is a bug with the car’s firmware due to me still being on v8.1 and the notification working flawlessly until the time the latest version of the APP was released.
As indicated before, reinstalling the APP did not do the trick for me.

Yesterday I remembered that I still got an older version of the Tesla APP installed on my old iPhone. So, I charged the phone up, connected to WiFi and logged in to my Tesla account from the APP (which was still on version 3.3.5) and set the notifications correctly within the APP. I adjusted the target SOC and initiated a charging session.
The result was both disappointing and cause of more confusion. Again, I only received a notification for starting the charging session, but just crickets when the charging was done.

So, from my point of view the version of the car firmware is not the issue and neither appears to be the APP version. Maybe it is a problem at the mothership?

One thing I haven’t tried yet is to do one of the deeper resets/reboots (standard MCU reboot has been done a couple of times).[/QUOTE]