Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IOS Shortcuts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you try reading this article?
Yes. Number 5 "Next select 'Show More' in the Network section of the Shortcut. Paste the (previously copied) token into the text field next to 'Authorization' I don't see this. "Number 6 needs more details but maybe it is just me. So it is working for you now even with iOs15? Also SimpleCommands log out all the time so I need to add credentials on opening

Attachments

• IMG_68AA37B34A49-1.jpeg
    IMG_68AA37B34A49-1.jpeg
    213.9 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes. Number 5 "Next select 'Show More' in the Network section of the Shortcut. Paste the (previously copied) token into the text field next to 'Authorization' I don't see this. "Number 6 needs more details but maybe it is just me. So it is working for you now even with iOs15? Also SimpleCommands log out all the time so I need to add credentials on opening
That looks the same as mine does. Except mine doesn’t have SimpleCommands at the beginning of the shortcut. When I run the shortcut, I just say, “hey Siri, open garage” and it works. Doesn’t open SimpleCommands at all. I just used SimpleCommands to create the shortcut, but it isn’t needed as part of it. Hope that helps. Still working for me with iOS 15.

Upvote 0
I downloaded a "get my car ready" shortcut from reddit. After waking the car up, it looks at external and internal temps and decides what the climate control should be set at and whether or not to turn on the heated seats and steering wheel. After a few tweaks (what temp to set to, when do heated parts turn on, changing time out values), it has been pretty reliable.

Edit: Link to the thread

Upvote 0
Glad it's working! It isn't location aware, although I'm sure that could be added (I'm not a Shortcuts expert...). I just say, "Hey Siri, open (or close) the garage" and it works great. It hasn't failed yet and I'm going on about 1 month of use. We still have a clicker in the car as backup (as well as the MyQ app itself), so we've got redundancy built in!

Upvote 0
Glad it's working! It isn't location aware, although I'm sure that could be added (I'm not a Shortcuts expert...). I just say, "Hey Siri, open (or close) the garage" and it works great. It hasn't failed yet and I'm going on about 1 month of use. We still have a clicker in the car as backup (as well as the MyQ app itself), so we've got redundancy built in!
You can create "Automation" shortcuts in the Shortcut app that are location based. When adding it, select "Arrive" and then tell it to run the Open Garage shortcut. Then do another automation and select "Leave" and assign the Close Garage shortcut.

The only problem with this is that you have to confirm the running of the shortcut on your Phone/Watch. Kind of annoying, I haven't been able to find a way around that. Using Siri is actually easier I find.

Reactions: E30-4ME
Upvote 0
I'll just share this, because I'm a geek. In MyQ I named my garage door, "Pod Bay Door". I then changed the name of the Shortcut to "Open the pod bay doors please HAL".

Then, I learned a little Shortcut "coding" and downloaded some MP3s from 2001 Space Odyssey. Long short, I could pull up my watch (Siri starts listening automatically if you do it right) and say:

"Open the Pod bay doors please HAL."

Then I had an MP3 clip play the "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"

Then when the doors started opening Siri's voice would come up and say: "Your pod bay door is opening".

I think I had a few too many glasses of wine and definitely too much time on my hands that night. :)

• Funny
Reactions: AaronE and E30-4ME
Upvote 0
Anyone know of a shortcut to get hotspot to automatically enable on my iphone when it connects to bluetooth or something? As it stands, i have to login to my iphone, go to settings, go to the hotspot page, and only then will it start discovering. Thanks to the recent Tesla 24.x update, at least i don't have to manually turn on wifi in the car every time as well.

Upvote 0