Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IP reboot and "halo"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got in my 70D this AM and the touchscreen came on just fine but the Instrument panel was black and the car would not come out of park (yes, foot was on the brake) . Waited a little while and then decided to reboot with the thumbwheels. When the instrument panel came up it had a rather bright "halo" around the perimeter. I took the attached picture with the brightness all the way down at 0%.

The other thing I noticed is that the Trip display still showed "as of" information from the night before but the since last charge info seemed to be correct.

Drove to work just fine and didn't have time to fiddle with it further, will see what happens this evening. Just wondering if others have seen this.

Attachments

• IMG_1805.JPG
    IMG_1805.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 157
This is why I love this forum! One person had a problem, another person confirms they aren't crazy, and they can tell the service center "I, and others, have this issue". And if the service center argues, you just show them this thread. GONE are the days the service people can tell you you're lying or stupid or the only one in the world that's ever had this problem - and I love love love it!!!

This is why I love this forum! One person had a problem, another person confirms they aren't crazy, and they can tell the service center "I, and others, have this issue". And if the service center argues, you just show them this thread. GONE are the days the service people can tell you you're lying or stupid or the only one in the world that's ever had this problem - and I love love love it!!!
I've sent my vehicle to the service center a few times for this, every time they reset the IC and call it a day. I heard floating on the forums that it was a software issue so I'm just waiting for a fix on that front.

I've sent my vehicle to the service center a few times for this, every time they reset the IC and call it a day. I heard floating on the forums that it was a software issue so I'm just waiting for a fix on that front.

If you've had to send your car in for service for this more than once, and the issue hasn't been resolved, you should escalate it. Unless they've told you its a known issue that is pending a fix from Tesla (should be able to back up that claim with documentation). Get the name of the regional service manager from your local service center and email him/her with the issue. I had to do this once and it helped greatly.