Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPace charge port

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I was Jaguar, I would at least put in 3phase charging to take advantage of the Tesla Destination chargers and other 3 phase opportunities in countries where DC charging is not yet rolled out such as Australia. At the moment I'm only seeing single phase 7Kw charging strictly limiting road trips for a few years, so I can't see iPace sales taking off anytime soon. If Renault can afford to fit 22Kw charging to a $52,000 car Jaguar should be able to do the same for a car costing double that and more.

hear, hear!!!.......
However, If I were Jaguar, with presumptions of tackling the luxury market vehicles (Mercedes, BMW, Audi & Tesla)
I would take one GIGANTIC step and do the unthinkable (to legacy OEM manufacturers)!!

Being Australia, population 24,772,000, with the additional non support from the Federal govt (Liberal Turnbull & coal lobby),
Jaguar could, would and should, strike a deal with Tesla to become the FIRST legacy OEM to allow its Jaguar vehicle to use the Supercharger Network across Australia!

No disrespect intended to our Aussie mates, Jaguar could use Australian as a test market for sharing the Tesla SC's
Betcha the Jaguar owners would absolutely love it, Tesla garners a deal with a luxury automaker which could presage
a world-wide deal with Tesla Inc

Clearly true. However, it doesn't reduce the need for 3-phase charging, especially in places like Australia.

Tesla Supercharper Network would erase all these deficiencies!

In conclusion, it is obvious that all the world's legacy automakers are against forming ANY deal with little ole tiny Tesla.
I believe they may be actually in collusion not to work with Tesla since Tesla is such a huge threat.

If "tiny" Jaguar (Tata Motors) would see the wisdom in formulating a Tesla deal to use its SC Network, Jaguar owners would rejoice, having gained access to over 10,000 SC worldwide (and growing every day)

There's are currently over 500 SC destinations across Australia

Last edited:
Jaguar joining the Australian Supercharger network would only partially alleviate the need for a 3-phase on-board charger. There are still huge swaths of roadway in Australia that are off the Supercharger network. In those places, 3-phase is the only viable alternative.

In addition, any CCS vehicle that wanted to be compatible with a Supercharger would need an extra set of contactors and logic to ensure safety of the charging port. Tesla vehicles have DC and AC contactors on the same pins, but CCS cars have DC contactors on the DC pins and AC contactors on the AC pins.