TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

IPad calendar won't sync reliably

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Jack Schweizer, Jul 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Jack Schweizer

Jack Schweizer New Member

Anyone else having this problem? I can get my iPad to sync via Bluetooth which gives access to calendar and music. Problem is it only works one time. When I get back in the car, the iPad syncs but only with the music. The calendar does not. The calendar screen displays says there is no phone connected. The Bluetooth screen says it is connected to my iPad and there are two indicators next to it. One is phone the other is music. When I go through the sync process, both light up indicating connection and the calendar works fine. When I re-enter the car, only the music lights up and the phone button is grayed out.

2. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Bannd Member

This probably isn't it, but there is a setting to "show Calendar every time I enter the car" and a "only display Calendar in the morning" and a "morning and evening"...

3. GaryREM

GaryREM Member

Kind of interesting this works at all. I would think it should not recognize your iPad as a phone because it is not. I would expect that the calendar screen should, as it correctly does, there is no phone connected. It may be a bug that it connects the first time ;)

I'll have to check mine in the morning and see what happens.

4. Jack Schweizer

Jack Schweizer New Member

Tried that one...no help

- - - Updated - - -

Let me know what you find out Gary. Thanks

5. arg

arg Member

Assume you still have the Tesla app running on the iPad?

My understanding (which may be wrong...) is that the Calendar data doesn't actually travel via Bluetooth. Certainly the Tesla app is responsible for fishing the data out of the calendar on the phone and sending it to the car - which I believe it does over the internet connection rather than bluetooth, and it seems to be cached in the car as there is some lag in updates. Bluetooth is used to detect that the phone in question has arrived in the car and so bring up the calendar.

6. GaryREM

GaryREM Member

#6 GaryREM, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    As I suspected, the iPad (running 8.3) connects as a media device, NOT as a phone. So, I see no calendar information on the Tesla. Switching over to my iPhone, I get calendar data.

Updating to 8.4 now.

OK. With 8.4 on the iPad the behavior is the same as 8.3. I.e. the iPad connects as a media device but not as a phone.

Whatever you are seeing is not correct, i.e. you should not see any calendar info.

What version of iOS are you running?

7. gizmoboy

gizmoboy Member

Is your iPad one with a cellular modem? Is his? That might be a difference...

8. GaryREM

GaryREM Member

I have Verizon cellular. As I said earlier, if he is connecting as a phone, that just sounds wrong. Would like to know what iOS version he's using. If older, then it probably is a bug.