Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone 12 Bluetooth Pairing with Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently acquired a Model Y. My iPhone 12 is setup as a Phone Key and works well with incoming/outgoing calls over Bluetooth.

I listen to Podcasts with the Apple Podcast and Sticher apps. When I select Bluetooth audio within those apps, there is no sound. I believe everything else is fine since incoming calls work through Bluetooth just fine.

Any recommendation on what I should try next?

I recently acquired a Model Y. My iPhone 12 is setup as a Phone Key and works well with incoming/outgoing calls over Bluetooth.

I listen to Podcasts with the Apple Podcast and Sticher apps. When I select Bluetooth audio within those apps, there is no sound. I believe everything else is fine since incoming calls work through Bluetooth just fine.

Have you tried to unpair and re-pair with it? I just did that with a 13 Pro and it worked fine, I also deleted the Old 12 Pro. That is on both setups, one for key and one for bluetooth.

if your phone is paired with your car, you shouldn't need to mess around with the audio output within the apps, just select Devices (the phone icon) as your source from the car's Media Player and whatever is playing on your phone should come through your car's speakers. see "Playing Media from Devices" in the Media and Audio section of the Owner's Manual.

if your phone is paired with your car, you shouldn't need to mess around with the audio output within the apps, just select Devices (the phone icon) as your source from the car's Media Player and whatever is playing on your phone should come through your car's speakers. see "Playing Media from Devices" in the Media and Audio section of the Owner's Manual.
Thanks Driver08. I think it would have been easier if asked here before; rather than spending a lot of time sifting through their site for the PDF.

Reactions: Driver08
Not able to unpair phone since card swipe is not recognized. Obviously cannot delete & repair card either. Phone calls, streaming work, but can only open car manually on Tesla app & only start by using "remote start" button on app.