Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone 12 not connecting to Bluetooth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I upgraded to an iPhone 12 and it won't connect with Bluetooth...The system correctly sees the iPhone 12 as a new paired device, and shows a message to "Confirm [this number] is displayed on your phone" but nothing appears on the iPhone screen, so there is no way to confirm ... I have re-paired the phone, and rebooted car, screen and phone multiple times... Based on related threads, I'm unsure if this is an iPhone or Tesla issue... iOS 14.6 / Tesla 2021.4.18.3

I upgraded to an iPhone 12 and it won't connect with Bluetooth...The system correctly sees the iPhone 12 as a new paired device, and shows a message to "Confirm [this number] is displayed on your phone" but nothing appears on the iPhone screen, so there is no way to confirm ... I have re-paired the phone, and rebooted car, screen and phone multiple times... Based on related threads, I'm unsure if this is an iPhone or Tesla issue... iOS 14.6 / Tesla 2021.4.18.3
Apple
ATT
Tesla

Nobody owns the answer...

Reactions: AquaY
Apple
ATT
Tesla

Nobody owns the answer...
Hopefully you don’t take this as an insult because it’s not. I am pretty it’s human error hence why no one has responded to your inquiry thus far. I have been using my iPhone 12 Pro Max since I got my model Y in late May without any issues.

I started with IOS 14 and I am running IOS 15 beta. Maybe try recording a video that walks us through the issue you’re having?

Make sure you have deleted the tesla from your phone if you restored a backup to your new phone and your doing a clean pairing. Otherwise, gonna need more details on every step of your process as you go.
All right, thank you... At this point, I've reset the network, reconfirmed Bluetooth connections with other devices (such as Apple Watch), rebooted Tesla, restarted Info screen, uninstalled and reinstalled the Tesla app, did a clean pairing... A few of these steps I've done multiple times... Image shows Tesla broadcasting to the iPhone12, but nothing appears on the phone's screen... I guess I could try again to uninstall/reinstall Tesla app...

Attachments

• 895F7224-3B70-4F21-B32A-6078C20C364B.jpeg
    895F7224-3B70-4F21-B32A-6078C20C364B.jpeg
    502.9 KB · Views: 360
All right, thank you... At this point, I've reset the network, reconfirmed Bluetooth connections with other devices (such as Apple Watch), rebooted Tesla, restarted Info screen, uninstalled and reinstalled the Tesla app, did a clean pairing... A few of these steps I've done multiple times... Image shows Tesla broadcasting to the iPhone12, but nothing appears on the phone's screen... I guess I could try again to uninstall/reinstall Tesla app...
And you have bluetooth setting open on the phone, see the tesla as an available device and have tapped on it?

Wow, as Tesla was broadcasting a confirm number, I switched Bluetooth off and then immediately back on, and suddenly it paired! ... So I have my Tesla speakers back! ... Thanks to those who took an interest in this post...

Wow, as Tesla was broadcasting a confirm number, I switched Bluetooth off and then immediately back on, and suddenly it paired! ... So I have my Tesla speakers back! ... Thanks to those who took an interest in this post...
Glad to hear it. The last thing i was going to have you try, for the benefit of others in case in future they are reading this thread, was to go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset location and privacy.

This controls a lot of pop-ups about allowing connections from things and you might have accidentally denied something and then can never allow it back again without resetting.

Reactions: RafaPete
I am having the same problem. My Bluetooth is picking up my Apple Watch, AirPods… but not showing Tesla therefore won’t pair with Tesla- doesn’t show up on IPhone and on Tesla screen just keeps spinning not finding anything to connect to. I have deleted and reinstallled Tesla app multiple times. I did a hard restart of Tesla screen i turn off blue tooth and turn back on- nothing is working? Other thoughts- I have paired this new phone in my Lexus without any issue?

I’m having the same issue with my iPhone 12 in my model S.
My phone connects to the car fine and I can send and receive phone calls with no issue. When I try and play music on my phone it displays on the screen of my car but no sound out through the speakers. Volume is up on the phone.
Anyone else having this issue and know a fix?
Car is on 2021.24.28 and iPhone 12 is on 15.4.1