Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone 12 Pro Max and charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, it will charge (albeit slowly) without a case, however I cannot get the 12 Pro Max to charge with a case on, since the phone needs to sit lower on the charging pad. I can get it to charge in the case if I slide off the plastic lip on the bottom of the charging pad, but this would allow the phone to fall into the storage compartment below.

My vin is 57,xxx. I don’t think it’s a matter of build date. I think the phone’s additional height just places the coils ever so slightly out of reach. I have a scosche charger in my other car that is doing the same thing. However, if I push it just a little lower on the lower arm that holds the phone it will charge. Just a mm and it made the difference between charging or not. Although I doubt it’s charging well since it’s barely in place.

I just got MY for a few weeks, and thinking to buy a iphone 12 Pro Max as well, so really appreciate all the insights here! For those tried and didn't get charged, I am just curious what if you place your iphone 12 pro max upside down (still in Portrait position) would it start charging?

I just got MY for a few weeks, and thinking to buy a iphone 12 Pro Max as well, so really appreciate all the insights here! For those tried and didn't get charged, I am just curious what if you place your iphone 12 pro max upside down (still in Portrait position) would it start charging?

Nope. Didn’t work for me even when upside down. Currently using a Apple leather case.