Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone 12 Pro Max Wireless Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello guys,

I got my new phone with a case (otterbox magsafe). It's not too thick, neither too thin.
It can be charged wirelessly, but only if I remove the phone's "foot rest" (spacer?).

I suspect the extra height (not thickness) from the case misaligns the coils.

I was wondering - any of you with the same phone but a different wireless charger can report it working?

Thanks!

I posted a thread on this same subject yesterday. My wife's & Y and her new iPhone 12 Pro Max were in an Otterbox clear protective case and it would not charge wirelessly in the Y. It isn't the case as it charged fine in our house on a wireless charging pad. I tried a Tech 21 clear case as I like how they protect. Also, same result and wouldn't charge. I then tried the Apple Magsafe clear case and it WORKED. Worked in her Y and worked in my 3. And, the Pro Max fit better in my 3 (it has an aftermarket Nomad charging pad). I will post pics of the case/box so anyone wanting it can buy one. I picked up the case at Best Buy as most Apple stores here are still closed unless you are just picking up a pre-order. The case was about $49.
20201202_202150.jpg
20201202_202158.jpg
20201202_202210.jpg