Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone 12 / Pro / Mini MagSafe adapter voor Brodit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine didn't work
Ordering the satechi from the last comment above.
Thanks for letting me know. Please let me know how you get on with Satechi.
i've been through 3 lots now, two stated on amazon that they worked with new magsafe, however they didnt. Awaiting news from Satechi who tell me that these adapters are for data transfer mainly and wouldnt provide 15w of power for the new magsafe. I am not fussed as long as it can pull between 5w to 10w of power.

My 12v is under the arm rest with nowhere I can see to have a cable permanently coming out. The only way I see this working is if the arm rest never shut properly. Do you have a solution for this?

In the model S you can remove the rubber bottom in the USB/12v compartment and lead the extension cable to underneath the compartment together with the existing charging wire. Then also remove the big rubber mat from the biggest compartment and lead the cable to below the sliding door.

Then remove the open compartment below the display (in most cases by firmly pushing it down and then slide it towards you). Then lead the cable from the MagSafe charger through a hole on the end-right of the big compartment, right behind the sliding door. It is easier to have the sliding door half open and to 'catch' the cable from within. Then gently pull the cable through. Be careful, because you can damage the locking mechanism of the sliding door. If the cable doesn't want to move, don't pull further. When the cable is through, open the sliding door completely. This will make sure the cable has enough room. Then put back the compartment below the display (slide it in and then press it upwards in place), while leading the cable between the display and the compartment.
Finally you can now connect the magsafe cable to the extension cable in the big compartmen. Put the rubber mat back (so the cables are no longer visible inside the compartment) and you are done.

IMG_0112.jpeg

I've actually changed my plan. Ordered this thing:

bol.com | DrPhone® Invisible Pro - Autolader - 30W - USB-C met PD (power delivery) + Power USB-C...

With an extension chord so I can put the cable underneath the console. Hopefully this works.

The small ones I ordered with BOL.com didn't work. I think I will do the same as Björn and order an "autolader". I must say the 3Dprint works fine. Mine is high on the left side of the screen. Hope the charging will start working soon with the "autolader".

9A78911E-02E2-4100-B147-900758524231.jpeg
Staggered at the lack of resources available for this topic, even non Tesla related I thought would come up with something.
I can report that I have power! Charging at about 1% per minute which is good enough for me! Now to monitor the overheating...

Specifically mentioned that this had been upgraded for use with MagSafe, similar to what was posted before by yannick, however this is way more expensive. Fingers crossed yannick, let us know how you get on.

USB C Female to USB 3.0 Male Cable Adapter (2 Pack),Double-Sided 5Gbps GEN 1 USB Type A 3.1 Connector for MagSafe Charger,iPhone 11 12 iPad 8 Pro Max,Samsung Galaxy Note 10 S20 Plus Ultra,Google Pixel https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B088FJSD4B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_.lRRFbKT05T16?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Edit:
This is also by the same seller and states upgraded for MagSafe also and slightly cheaper.
USB C Female to USB 3.0 Male Adapter (2 Pack),Double-sided 5Gbps GEN 1 USB Type A 3.1 Connector for MagSafe Charger,iPhone 11 12 Mini Pro Max,iPad Air 4,AirPods,Samsung Galaxy Note 10 S20 Plus Ultra https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08DNBPB4X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_vpRRFbTT1H72K