Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone 12 pro wireless charge problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
iOS 14.1 landed last night. Maybe that’s a fix

I’ve had 14.1 for a week now on my old iPhone. It came out a few days before the first two iPhone 12 models were delivered.

Like Tesla, Apple trickle software notifications out so not everybody gets the notifications at once. I know a few people who got notifications this week. I heard about it and downloaded it without being notified.

My iPhone 12 is very finicky on my tesla OEM wireless pad in my model 3. I have move it around to find the sweet spot on the charger to get it to connect wirelessly. Did not have this problem on my prior iPhone XS and my wife’s iPhone 11 charges fine too.

Mildly annoying but it does charge.

PSA:
https://twitter.com/benlovejoy/status/1329101697185181701?s=21

3218E8CA-F1BC-4F66-A8E8-5AF7C3119EB3.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: srk67 and Durzel
Seems my new iPhone 12 mini won't charge on the OEM pad. Managed to get it to work once but nothing now. Wife's iPhone XR works fine. Very annoying, plus with the charge pad connected there are no spare USB A or C ports in the front.

Very quick investigation today: My iPhone 12 pro seems to have no problems charging without a case. I had to be careful with placing but it worked ok. With a case on (Apple leather case) it didn't pick it up at all. No matter how much fiddling about I did. Size wise: even with the case it's much easier to fit on the charger than my Note 20 Ultra.

This is all with the late 2020 OEM Wireless Charger

Not surprised the Mini doesn’t charge. The coil in the charging pad is probably too high for it. You’d have to fashion some kind of riser for it for the OEM pad (and probably Nomad/Jeda etc)

Was thinking the same but even if it plonk it on in a higher position, no joy. It still occasionally suddenly starts to charge and if you you don't touch it, it will stay charging, but pick it up and put in back (even in the exact same place) and no charge. Ended up on a chat with Apple last night, but when I mentioned I'd installed the latest iOS 14.3 beta (as I saw on here it helped someone with the same issue) they didn't want to talk any more (v helpful to that point). Now restored to previous iOS 14.2 so will be back on the chat this evening.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel