Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone 13 Pro (and Pro Max) -- does wireless charging work in Plaid / Refresh S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

planetary

EndlessCheese spreader
Dec 29, 2018
Danville, CA
Hey folks,

Seeing sporadic reports that the new iPhone 13 Pro models (regular and Pro Max) are not working in Tesla's newer car's wireless charging bays, due to the larger camera bump. There's also a report that it does work -- but only if you lay the phone screen-side-down.

Can any of you early Apple adopers confirm this specifically on the Model S Refresh?

Reactions: impastu
Hey folks,

Seeing sporadic reports that the new iPhone 13 Pro models (regular and Pro Max) are not working in Tesla's newer car's wireless charging bays, due to the larger camera bump. There's also a report that it does work -- but only if you lay the phone screen-side-down.

Can any of you early Apple adopers confirm this specifically on the Model S Refresh?
Where are you hearing these reports?

Reactions: WhiteWi and impastu
I have a Spigen clear case, and my iPhone 13 Pro Max will not charge normally on my 2021 Model 3. If I take the case off, it works. If I leave the case on and flip the phone upside down (face up, just opposite direction) - it does charge.

Would be nice to know exactly what cases are working for iPhone 13 Pro Max's in Teslas, without flipping them upside down.

• Informative
Reactions: holeydonut
I have a Spigen clear case, and my iPhone 13 Pro Max will not charge normally on my 2021 Model 3. If I take the case off, it works. If I leave the case on and flip the phone upside down (face up, just opposite direction) - it does charge.

Would be nice to know exactly what cases are working for iPhone 13 Pro Max's in Teslas, without flipping them upside down.
Does your case perhaps not have Magsafe? That might be the issue.

Hey folks,

I am having this issue. Upside down it appears to have some contact but it’s not optimal.