Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone 14 + wireless charging pad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This case from Amazon worked to charge model y 2021

memumi for iPhone 14 Pro Max Ultra Thin Case, Lightweight PP Matte Finish Coating Slim for iPhone 14 Pro Max 2022 Phone Case with 0.3 mm Minimalist Design Semi-Transparent White​

1. memumi for iPhone 14 Pro Max Ultra Thin Case, Lightweight PP Matte Finish Coating Slim for iPhone 14 Pro Max 2022 Phone Case with 0.3 mm Minimalist Design Semi-Transparent White
Heart to save an item to your default list

So far I have tried the totalleecase case and the Mkeke for iPhone 14 Pro Max and neither would charge the iPhone 14 Pro Max on my 2021 Model Y. I'll try this one. Fing

Reactions: SuppressedEV
I don't have a 14 yet so I can't say for sure but I've been a huge fan of Mous.co cases. If you can throw your phone off a building and pick it up without any dings, I need that one!

My current iphone charges thru the mous case without issue so I would guess they keep making them that way.

I am looking for a clear case that will work with my 1Phone 14 Pro Max in our Model 3 and X. Only considering a clear case since I had to hunt for a Deep Purple phone. This case did NOT work.:(

Simtect Ultra Clear Designed for iPhone 14 Pro Max Case​

I think the issues with the 14 is the cameras stick out further than previous models, so the phone is further away from the charger when leaned against a pad. I am also having issues getting to work with the various Qi wireless charging pads I have in my office and home. Mine also does not work when placed screen down. Works fine without case.

If I can't get a case + iPhone 14 Pro Max to work, I may switch back to Samsung which worked fine in both vehicles and on every wireless charger in the house.

Last edited:
FWIW my Taptes in my 2018 (I wanna say gen3? the first one you could turn sideways, and I've got the 9v adapters they sold to get higher wattage too) has worked perfectly with both a 13 Pro Max and now 14 Pro Max, both in cases.

Quick update. Bought this pad, and now my 14 pro max with apple leather case charges on both sides facing up and sideways. Woohoo!

Reactions: Knightshade
I am looking for a clear case that will work with my 1Phone 14 Pro Max in our Model 3 and X. Only considering a clear case since I had to hunt for a Deep Purple phone. This case did NOT work.:(

Simtect Ultra Clear Designed for iPhone 14 Pro Max Case​

I think the issues with the 14 is the cameras stick out further than previous models, so the phone is further away from the charger when leaned against a pad. I am also having issues getting to work with the various Qi wireless charging pads I have in my office and home. Mine also does not work when placed screen down. Works fine without case.

If I can't get a case + iPhone 14 Pro Max to work, I may switch back to Samsung which worked fine in both vehicles and on every wireless charger in the house.
You will change phone models because you can't get yours to charge in the car?

You will change phone models because you can't get yours to charge in the car?
I have been on Android devices for a decade and have not owned an iPhone in 8 years. So, I am in no way locked to the iPhone.

Also, I don't feel I should have to carry a lightning cable just to charge a phone. In fact, Apple needs to move on from lightning to USB C like other phone manufacturers and like Apple has done with iPad Pros, Macbooks, etc..

Last edited:
Try adding this Spigen sticker to your case. It worked for me. 2022 M3 MSM with iPhone 13 ProMax.
Spigen OneTap Ring Adapter for... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09CF5PZK6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Does this actually make power transmission better? The phone charge without the case but I think the iPhone 14 bigger cameras push the phone further away from the charging pad than in the previous iPhone models (13,12, 11). FWIW, an iPhone 11 Pro Max in a case worked fine on this charger.

Reactions: tbwnm
Does this actually make power transmission better? The phone charge without the case but I think the iPhone 14 bigger cameras push the phone further away from the charging pad than in the previous iPhone models (13,12, 11). FWIW, an iPhone 11 Pro Max in a case worked fine on this charge
I still have not been able to find a clear silicone/tpu case for the iPhone 14 Pro Max that will work on the Tesla OEM charging pad (2021+ refresh) and have not come across any posts that specifically identify a clear case that works with this configuration (have tried 4 so far). This issue seems to be unique to the iPhone 14 Pro Max due to the size of the phone and the extended camera cut out lip. My wife has the iPhone 14 Pro and we were able to find a clear TPU case that works on that phone (1 out of 3 clear TPU cases we tried on her phone worked). Looks like iPhone 14 Pro Max owners are SOL for now with a clear case?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jboy210
I still have not been able to find a clear silicone/tpu case for the iPhone 14 Pro Max that will work on the Tesla OEM charging pad (2021+ refresh) and have not come across any posts that specifically identify a clear case that works with this configuration (have tried 4 so far). This issue seems to be unique to the iPhone 14 Pro Max due to the size of the phone and the extended camera cut out lip. My wife has the iPhone 14 Pro and we were able to find a clear TPU case that works on that phone (1 out of 3 clear TPU cases we tried on her phone worked). Looks like iPhone 14 Pro Max owners are SOL for now with a clear case?
Thanks for confirming my experience. It sucks. I am thinking about sending the phone back now.

If you can't reliably charge your phone if it has a case on it on your Tesla charger that is a killer issue. Not knowing if your phone will die while you drive somewhere is unacceptable. I am sure as heck not going to run a cable to compensate for Apple's design flaw.

Last edited:
Reactions: tbwnm
IMG_0579.jpg
Thanks for confirming my experience. It sucks. I am thinking about send the phone back now.

If you can't reliably charge your phone if it has a case on it on your Tesla charger that is a killer issue. I am sure as heck not going to run a cable to compensate for Apple's design flaw
Based on an earlier posts on this thread, the leather and silicone Apple cases work, I just haven't been able to source a clear TPU case. Someone needs to make a clear TPU case that does not extend the camera cut out. As you can see from this photo of the totalleecase case I'm currently using, the camera cut out extends 2 or 3 mm over the camera lenses (to offer addtional protection) which I think is enough to pull the back of the phone to far away from the charging pad for the wirless charging pad to work. Personally, I like the phone enough to keep it and just use a charging cable or take the phone out of the case if I need to charge while driving. Problem when using a charging cable is that due USB connector, the phone will no longer sit in the charging pad (there is no elegant solution at this point!).

Based on an earlier posts on this thread, the leather and silicone Apple cases work, I just haven't been able to source a clear TPU case. Someone needs to make a clear TPU case that does not extend the camera cut out. As you can see from this photo of the totalleecase case I'm currently using, the camera cut out extends 2 or 3 mm over the camera lenses (to offer addtional protection) which I think is enough to pull the back of the phone to far away from the charging pad for the wirless charging pad to work. Personally, I like the phone enough to keep it and just use a charging cable or take the phone out of the case if I need to charge while driving. Problem when using a charging cable is that due USB connector, the phone will no longer sit in the charging pad (there is no elegant solution at this point!).
Thanks. I am not using the camera lens protectors and it still does not work with the charging pad.

I ordered an Apple Silicone case in Elderberry since I have a Deep Purple phone. I have been thinking about a MagSafe case anyway since this phone is big, the clear case is a bit slippery, and I am worried about dropping it. So, if I get a silicone magsafe case I can get one of those a magnetic pop sockets that is removable. I should have the new case tomorrow, so will post if it works on the 3 and X chargers.

Does this actually make power transmission better? The phone charge without the case but I think the iPhone 14 bigger cameras push the phone further away from the charging pad than in the previous iPhone models (13,12, 11). FWIW, an iPhone 11 Pro Max in a case worked fine on this charger.
True. The camera sticking out might be an issue. This device does help. I use a wireless charger at home and I can throw my phone carelessly and it still charges.