TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

iPhone 5 disconnects from bluetooth whenever I "End Call"

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by SteveW25561, Aug 13, 2013.

1. SteveW25561

SteveW25561 Member

Car: Model S 85, delivered August 8, 2013, P16225
    Car Firmware: 4.5 (1.33.61)

iPhone 5, 64GB, iOS 6.1.4
    Carrier: Rogers Canada, LTE

I can get my iPhone to connect easily via Bluetooth to the car, and it plays music and initiates/answers calls through the car's audio system without problem. It seems that whenever the phone call ends (via End call on the steering wheel button, touch screen or waiting for the phone to hang up when the other end hangs up), the Tesla loses connection to the iPhone. I have to hit the bluetooth icon in the car and ask it to connect to the iPhone, which it does, until the next call is ended.

I've reset the phone, and it's on the latest firmware. Also have paired/unpaired a couple of times, but it keeps happening.

I've also noted this morning the car refused to access the media on the iPhone as a source over Bluetooth, but after unpairing and re-pairing, it worked again, but I'm still getting a full bluetooth disconnect after ending a call.

Suggestions?

2. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

Okay, but did you try restarting the car--specifically, the main screen? That fixes all sorts of odd little glitches, although I've only had to reboot mine once or twice (and not for this). (I forget which buttons you hold down to restart it, sorry, but it's probably in the owner's manual PDF.)

3. SteveW25561

SteveW25561 Member

Thanks for the tip: I just did that -- I realized that was the next option to try, and Tesla ownership also called me this morning to tell me that as well (nice touch to get a direct call). BTW to reboot the screen you press and hold both scroll buttons on the wheel.

I just did it and haven't had a chance to try it -- I'll see how it works and report back.