TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

iPhone 6 and Bluetooth problem

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by Clevelandriver, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Clevelandriver

Clevelandriver New Member

I have been having a problem with my iPhone mysteriously calling itself when I get into my car. I can only fix the problem but turning off and then back on the Bluetooth.

The phone also locks the music out. Not sure why this just started but tesla can't fix it. Any suggestions?

2. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

I'm not sure what you mean by, "the phone also locks the music out". But I've had some issues where the phone is streaming music/podcast to the car (I see the time indicator counting) but nothing is coming out of the speakers.

I've found that switching source to Streaming Radio, then back again to the iPhone seems to resolve that. BTW, I too have an iPhone 6+.

3. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Yup. I've seen this recently too. Well, the calling itself bit anyway. So strange.

4. Nismode

Nismode Member

When your phone is connected via bluetooth, sometimes it will play commands (from Siri, Waze, Google Maps, and other navigation apps) through your car. It will basically appear as if you're getting a call from your own number - this is how you're able to listen to other audio sources besides your phone, and still get commands/noises/notifications from your phone to play through the system. Bluetooth systems in other cars work much the same.

• Informative x 1
  5. davesm

davesm Member

How does one get it so that the commands from Waze, etc., always play through the car? That only works if the car is already playing audio from the phone, but not if the radio is on for example...

6. Heater71

Heater71 Member

I have had the same thing happen. Restarted the phone and the issue went away...mostly. I think it's happened like twice.

7. Nismode

Nismode Member

Go into Waze>Settings>Sound>Sound Output> Play as bluetooth phone call

• Helpful x 1
  8. pthill65

pthill65 Member

I had that problem and I deleted the phone profile from the Model X and deleted the Model X profile from the phone and it went away. Seems to be the thing to resolve most conflicts. Restarted phone and center screen as well.