TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

iPhone 6 plus and P85D

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by dirkhh, Mar 5, 2015.

1. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

I'm sure there are a few owners who also have an iPhone 6plus.
    Any recommendations for a really sturdy mount that survives the G-forces of a launch yet makes the screen easily accessible (and visible) for using waze while driving?

2. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

#2 mitch672, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  3. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

I had a vent mount holder for an earlier phone of mine and hated it (that was in a BMW). I'd love to see a picture of it mounted in your S85 (and there is no such thing as a "lowly" S85).

Thanks!

4. P85

P85 Member

Using the Niteize Steelie.. mounted right below the vent between driver door and steering wheel.
    Mounted in the middle of the iPhone and the phone is rock stable even during Insane launches.

Steelie Car Mount Kit

5. arijaycomet

arijaycomet Member

Tesla S 2014 Dashboard Mounts - ProClip USA
    Item # 854921
    Center Mount

Not sure if that is what prior reply user was talking about -- but I am guessing it is/was. And that is what I have too. My car is a boring MS 85, non performance, non dual drive. But I've had packs of gum/etc fly out of the bin below the 17" screen and my phone stays put VERY nicely. I use a hard-wire kit for my iPhone 6 and that center mount combo, and it charges nicely too. Really the best option, phone is easily nearby for Siri commands, visual feedback etc.

6. benjiejr

benjiejr Technogeekextraordinaire

+1 I'm using this too in the same position, mainly for Waze, and it works great! The magnet is very strong and has no chance of popping off on launches.

7. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Bannd Member

Looks like a great mount. Please allow me one dumb-ish question.
    How do y'all power the phone way over there?
    Because mine would drain in no time running Waze. And USB cable across my lap does not appeal...

8. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

I use a steelie as well, but I have mine mounted to the right of the steering wheel closer to the 17" display (LHD, U.S. Car)

9. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

I have something very similar to the above Arkon however my suction cup actually fits on the small triangular window. Works great! I got it from best buy was like $15