Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iphone 6s Plus is not able to unlock the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I am new Model X owner and noticed that my car does not unlock with iphone 6s plus.
I tried to keep my phone on my hands with Tesla app open or closed , either way it is not working.
Any suggestions so car can be unlock with iphone 6s plus.

I know if I use Tesla apps on phone and manually I can open the door but I am wondering why car does not sense my phone.

Thanks

Do you mean automatically? (Passive entry)

Model X and S don't have that with phone yet

Yet? Have they every committed to phone proximity unlock like a 3?

In know since they give you keyfobs with the S and X phone unlock is less of a concern, but it would nice to see them match features in the Model 3. With that said, we prefer keyfobs and bought one for our Model 3.:oops:

Yet? Have they every committed to phone proximity unlock like a 3?

In know since they give you keyfobs with the S and X phone unlock is less of a concern, but it would nice to see them match features in the Model 3. With that said, we prefer keyfobs and bought one for our Model 3.:oops:
Elon did, like a year ago or more, I imagine it's just a matter of priority.

I gave up and had Tesla come out. This is what he did to get my iPhone 11 and my wife's iPhone 7 to work:
Updated phone to latest update.
Unpaired our phones to the Model 3.
Uninstalled the Tesla App on our phones and then reinstalled it.
On the phones under settings >Tesla, set location to Always. Then (and this is important - it's what made my wife's phone finally work) toggle off and then turn on again Bluetooth, Background App Refresh, and then Cellular Data
Reactivated/connected/paired the phone with the M3.
Now for the first time in months, both phones are working!

I gave up and had Tesla come out. This is what he did to get my iPhone 11 and my wife's iPhone 7 to work:
Updated phone to latest update.
Unpaired our phones to the Model 3.
Uninstalled the Tesla App on our phones and then reinstalled it.
On the phones under settings >Tesla, set location to Always. Then (and this is important - it's what made my wife's phone finally work) toggle off and then turn on again Bluetooth, Background App Refresh, and then Cellular Data
Reactivated/connected/paired the phone with the M3.
Now for the first time in months, both phones are working!

This thread is re: Model X which does not have phone key based passive entry.

Reactions: mswlogo