Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone ap deleted my X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
went to up the target charge to 100%. There's discussion here about packing up the X and driving to the summer cabin because everyone would rather hunker down for a month or two there than our rest-of-the-year place.

As soon as I opened it I got a notice that 'puppy' (the nickname of the X) was removed from my account. And now it's dark in the ap and won't connect to the car. The M3 is still app-accessible, and logging onto tesla.com I still see everything.

- I checked the wife's phone...same message.
- I've killed the app and re-launched
- I logged out & back in
- I've waited ~4 hours

all had no effect. Any suggestions?

went to up the target charge to 100%. There's discussion here about packing up the X and driving to the summer cabin because everyone would rather hunker down for a month or two there than our rest-of-the-year place.

As soon as I opened it I got a notice that 'puppy' (the nickname of the X) was removed from my account. And now it's dark in the ap and won't connect to the car. The M3 is still app-accessible, and logging onto tesla.com I still see everything.

- I checked the wife's phone...same message.
- I've killed the app and re-launched
- I logged out & back in
- I've waited ~4 hours

all had no effect. Any suggestions?
Step one- check your online account to see if the car is still there. If not, you have a bigger problem.
If it’s there, you could try re adding by connecting Tesla support by phone or chat. Another idea would be to see if you can re share the car with “another person” (you) through the your online account

"logging onto tesla.com I still see everything."
X was always there @ tesla.com

Went to check it this AM and the car was in a weird state. doors unlocked automatically, car would shift in to drive, AC was on...but both screens were blank. I had to scroll-wheel reboot it to get them to come up, at which point it also re-appeared in the app.

When deleting a car from your account you should get a email to confirm the delete. In order for this to happen you have to both request the delete and click the link in email within the specified time (10 min I believe) I think it also needs to be done from website, not app.

How is this done? I have two Tesla’s I want to share with people but nobody at Tesla can tell me how to do this? And there is nowhere in my Tesla account to do it. Your help would be much appreciated.

He may be referring to the secondary contact on the Tesla Account... After logging on, click "Account" in the upper right, and then expand the "Contact" heading - you can add a second person to your Tesla Account, and they will have full access to the vehicle...

^ Tried that last week. Doesn’t work. I added the second user and they never received an invitation email to their email address so that they could log into the app with their own address and password. There is also no way to select what vehicle they can access. additionally, when a person adds a second user to their Tesla account there is no way to delete them from the account through the website. So frustrating.
I don’t know why the main account holder can’t just log into the account, add a second, third or even more users and then have a check box beside each car (if there are more than one in the account) that the secondary user can access. If you wanted to take access away, just deselect the box or delete the secondary user. That would be too easy I guess.

^ Tried that last week. Doesn’t work. I added the second user and they never received an invitation email to their email address so that they could log into the app with their own address and password. There is also no way to select what vehicle they can access. additionally, when a person adds a second user to their Tesla account there is no way to delete them from the account through the website. So frustrating.
I don’t know why the main account holder can’t just log into the account, add a second, third or even more users and then have a check box beside each car (if there are more than one in the account) that the secondary user can access. If you wanted to take access away, just deselect the box or delete the secondary user. That would be too easy I guess.

You may want to get on a chat session with Tesla - when I log in to my account, and attempt to add a second user, I can specify the vehicle they have access to. I only have an X, and, there's an unselected box at the bottom for which vehicles they can access. So, it is there, but, there might be something wrong with your account, or, even your browser (try an Incognito/InPrivate session with Chrome)...

It turns out my computer doesn’t have chrome on it (will have to download) but it does have Firefox. I tried Firefox but it’s no different than Safari. No options for selecting a car or even deleting the secondary user after adding.

Not an apple user, but, maybe try chrome on your phone? I can see the same on my phone (Chrome on Android) - the ability to select and assign vehicle app access to the additional user...

I just tried on my daughters chrome book and in my Tesla account it looks no different than safari on my Mac or Firefox. No option to select a car. Can’t delete the secondary user that I have now added either. can you send me a screen shot of what you are seeing?

I just tried on my daughters chrome book and in my Tesla account it looks no different than safari on my Mac or Firefox. No option to select a car. Can’t delete the secondary user that I have now added either. can you send me a screen shot of what you are seeing?

2020-03-18.png