Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone app connectivity issues-LTE upgrade needed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night was the 2nd(and 3rd) time I was unable to access my car via the phone app. As it goes, this only happens when you leave your key behind and use the phone for all functions.

Each time, my ATT phone had full signal as did the car. However, the two couldn’t talk to each other. The first time even Tesla engineers couldn’t access the car. Last night, Tesla was able to “poke” the car a few times which brought the car back to life on the app.

Has anyone else experienced this? Would the LTE upgrade do anything to fix it? I have a ‘13 MS

If the car had a signal and was able to access the internet (were you able to check if it was able to stream data or load web pages?) then the LTE upgrade probably wouldn’t make a difference here. That would only help in cases where the car wasn’t able to get a 3G signal at all, but LTE was available.

I wasn’t even able to get inside. However, a few months ago when it happened the first time, I was already inside but unable to start via the app. I don’t believe internet or streaming was working. The car was acting like it had no signal even though it showed full bars. Tesla could not see nor access the car. Last night, Tesla was able to see the car as being online but my app, nor my wife’s, was able to connect.

Last edited: