TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Iphone App: "Contacting Car . . may take a few minutes"

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Msolomi, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Msolomi

Msolomi Member

Anyone gotten this message before? I just got it today for first time and now it takes a good 2 minutes for the App to see the car. Before, it was within 10 seconds. Thanks.

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Got it yesterday, thought it was my reception, but then I jumped on wifi and still the same. So I figure it's either that the car has poor reception, or an issue with Tesla's servers.

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I think it's an issue with Tesla's servers. I've had occasion to check the car and three bars, phone had four, took forever to connect.

4. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

I get that message fairly frequently (but not always) with the car in my garage at home. But we've always had poor cell coverage in the garage (its OK in the rest of the house...)

5. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Many times

6. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

Occasionally it takes quite a while to connect, but I've only gotten the actual warning message a very few times. I got it tonight! But my car was halfway down our (company, not home) garage, so I was surprised I connected at all. Just long enough, as I was getting in the elevator and going down, to pre-cool it. ;-) I need to use that feature more...so nice....

7. powerpuppy

powerpuppy New Member

I am having the same experience, for the past three days, since I got my FW updated at Service Center. Contacted them today to see if it's a known issue. Awaiting a response, will reply back once I hear back.

8. JPP

JPP Active Member

Just got it today @ 1230-1245 Pacific time. Finally connected after a bunch of tries.

9. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

I've seen it and in my case the car had no wireless signal...

10. Msolomi

Msolomi Member

Does the icon on the iPhone app always show the 21 inch wheels even if you have the 19 inch wheels? My icon has the right color but wrong wheels on App.