Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Remotely start/stop alarm?

This is a very impressive thread with a lot of work done. I tip my hat to all of the contributors.

In [another thread] is my question about triggering the alarm remotely. Does anyone on this elite hacking team know how to do that via SMS? This would be handy if you can see your car and maybe see someone messing with it, but maybe you don't want to mess with them.

Thanks in advance.

This is a very impressive thread with a lot of work done. I tip my hat to all of the contributors.

In [another thread] is my question about triggering the alarm remotely. Does anyone on this elite hacking team know how to do that via SMS? This would be handy if you can see your car and maybe see someone messing with it, but maybe you don't want to mess with them.

FWICT, you can't trip the alarm from CAN0, but as Doug suggests and I've confirmed, you can send the "lock" command (via CAN0) repeatably which will chirp the horn.

FWICT, you can't trip the alarm from CAN0, but as Doug suggests and I've confirmed, you can send the "lock" command (via CAN0) repeatably which will chirp the horn.

If you could find the right wire, I'll bet you could use a relay to fake a door opening and set off the alarm. Does the Tattler have an IO line that could be used used to trip a relay?

Not that I'd want to delay availability with gratuitous feature creep...

Anybody monitoring this thread (who hasn't heard about it before) might be interested in:

Open Vehicle Monitoring System

iPhone and Android Apps are done. Hardware is in Roadsters, and is now shipping to developers. The entire project is open source.

ovmsxmas.jpg

does anyone got experience regarding shipping lead-times from HongKong to germany?
are there some custom challenges expected?

You can expect it in about 48 hours (2 working days), according to Hong Kong Post. But in my experience, a 2 to 5 days delivery time is more typical.

Depending on the destination country, the chance of customs examining packages is relatively small (about a 5-10% chance). We didn't include an invoice, so even if they do open and examine your package they'll probably let it go as it doesn't resemble anything of significant value.

In a few short days you'll get it under your tree, or better yet, inside your car.