Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone Audio Interface Still Terrible on v9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How on earth have they not done the most basic of Bluetooth support for playlists, time elapsed and time remaining?! I just assumed that in 9.0 they'd finally have added the ability to use your phone with media system and not have to actually use your phone to do everything… still.

They also still don't have support to trigger Siri via a long press or anything, meaning you can't even use the voice UI easily.

This and the music panel that never remembers the state you left it in are my two biggest complaints about 9.0. Well, that and the surrounding cars all look like crummy placeholder renders, and the text on the temperature display in the dash isn't anti-aliased.

Oh, and the bump on the left-most side of the auto pilot steering wheel icon from it not being properly converted from a vector to a bitmap is still there.

Apple will never stick to standards if they can avoid and make you feel that's a hassle not having everything made by them, that's part of the lock-in.
Please keep your personal problems out of the conversations. Fine if you don't like Apple. Does this work any better with Android?

Almost every car made provides a more tightly integrated interface to connected devices than Tesla and it is frustrating. I sympathize with the OP.

. Does this work any better with Android?

With my Tesla I've been thru Note4, then Note4 with hacked Note7 ROM, then OnePlus2, then Nexus 6P for a while, until Note8 got released.
Hard to keep track on all Android versions those ran, but I had *never* had any bluetooth, audio, contacts or calendar issues I see others mention.

With my Tesla I've been thru Note4, then Note4 with hacked Note7 ROM, then OnePlus2, then Nexus 6P for a while, until Note8 got released.
Hard to keep track on all Android versions those ran, but I had *never* had any bluetooth, audio, contacts or calendar issues I see others mention.
This has nothing to do with the OP's comments. He was disappointed at lack of control of the device. No playlists, time elapsed / remaining.

I've never had any issues with my iPhone working with my Tesla, but that is only my experience (the same for you). I'm disappointed with the same lack of functionality the OP referenced.

My only gripe with my iPhone X is that I have to manually switch to the BT input on Tesla and when I start playing music from the phone (Pandora, Amazon Music, Deezer, etc) the audio ALWAYS comes from the phone. If I first long press the phone side button to activate Siri then cancel Siri, audio plays from the car as expected. Transport controls (next/previous) work OK, album art "mostly" is correct and track info (artist, album, track) are displayed. Agreed that more advanced control/info would be appreciated or better yet Carplay … CP worked fine in my Volt for my iPhone 6Plus and iPhone X.