Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone Blue Tooth Connection problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am hopeful that someone can help! I was going to contact Apple Support, but I figured they would probably direct me to Tesla Support.

My iPhone never connects to the Tesla inside the car unless I do it manually. This is always connected: Sdf52c3592c58706fC and there is NO option to disconnect it (no lower case i inside a circle beside it) see picture.

I would like to know what this Sdf52c3592c58706fC is, why I can't remove it, and why it isn't the same as "Tesla Model 3 Lea Ann's Tesla"?

Any advice/help will be GREATLY appreciated!

Attachments

• Tesla Bluetooth.png
    Tesla Bluetooth.png
    296.1 KB · Views: 3,367
Those connections ( you will see multiple with names like that sometimes) are the "phone as key" connections. There are two types of bluetooth being used to connect a mobile phone to the car for two different features.

Regular bluetooth is used to connect for for phone calls, sharing calendars, music, etc.

Bluetooth LE (low emissions) is used for phone as key, and will show up with bluetooth connections as you describe.

If you are trying to troubleshoot your regular bluetooth connections, remove the regular connection (the one you call Lea ann's tesla) from the phone, AND remove the connection from the car in the bluetooth menu. Then re connect.

If you removed any of the bluetooth connections with the funky names you are talking about, I highly recommend you remove your phone as "phone as key" from the locks menu, and re set it back up. You dont want to mess with the phone as key bluetooth connections, and I suspect you may have tried to delete them, so you should remove and reset it back up.

Those connections ( you will see multiple with names like that sometimes) are the "phone as key" connections. There are two types of bluetooth being used to connect a mobile phone to the car for two different features.

Regular bluetooth is used to connect for for phone calls, sharing calendars, music, etc.

Bluetooth LE (low emissions) is used for phone as key, and will show up with bluetooth connections as you describe.

If you are trying to troubleshoot your regular bluetooth connections, remove the regular connection (the one you call Lea ann's tesla) from the phone, AND remove the connection from the car in the bluetooth menu. Then re connect.

If you removed any of the bluetooth connections with the funky names you are talking about, I highly recommend you remove your phone as "phone as key" from the locks menu, and re set it back up. You dont want to mess with the phone as key bluetooth connections, and I suspect you may have tried to delete them, so you should remove and reset it back up.
Thank you VERY MUCH for your reply and explanation that the "phone as key" connection is different from the phone connection. I really appreciate that information!!!

Luckily I have not removed or messed with the phone as key blue tooth connection (I can't from my phone, and would not have known what to remove from the car side of things).

So now all I have is the fact that I have to manually connect my phone every time I get in the car. It always works after I do that (and I see that other people are not so lucky) so maybe I should just count my blessings and carry on without trying to fix anything! 😉

I had the same issue and it was because the drivers seat weight sensor wasn’t detecting anything. I also had an issue where when moving my car in the garage without my seatbelt it would keep forcing the car into park. Tesla replaced my seat and both these issues have been fixed. There was an update a while back that made it so the car wouldn’t connect to your phone unless someone was in the drivers seat.

Thank you VERY MUCH for your reply and explanation that the "phone as key" connection is different from the phone connection. I really appreciate that information!!!

Luckily I have not removed or messed with the phone as key blue tooth connection (I can't from my phone, and would not have known what to remove from the car side of things).

So now all I have is the fact that I have to manually connect my phone every time I get in the car. It always works after I do that (and I see that other people are not so lucky) so maybe I should just count my blessings and carry on without trying to fix anything! 😉
If you did not try yet, I would delete the regular bluetooth connection from the car and the phone (not the weird numbered connection). Reset up the bluetooth connection in the car and then turn on the "Priority Device" toggle. That might help it try to connect to your phone all the time. Also lots of people have issue with the iphone recently because I think there's some battery saving setting that's killing apps and turning off bluetooth.

I am hopeful that someone can help! I was going to contact Apple Support, but I figured they would probably direct me to Tesla Support.

My iPhone never connects to the Tesla inside the car unless I do it manually. This is always connected: Sdf52c3592c58706fC and there is NO option to disconnect it (no lower case i inside a circle beside it) see picture.

I would like to know what this Sdf52c3592c58706fC is, why I can't remove it, and why it isn't the same as "Tesla Model 3 Lea Ann's Tesla"?

Any advice/help will be GREATLY appreciated!
Hey. I actually have the same issue. I think the phone should connect automatically to Bluetooth and not manually each time. This is a very basic feature from many years ago with almost all cars. I am planning to go to Tesla service location to have it fixed

Hey. I actually have the same issue. I think the phone should connect automatically to Bluetooth and not manually each time. This is a very basic feature from many years ago with almost all cars. I am planning to go to Tesla service location to have it fixed

Hopefully the service center is very close to you and convenient, because its very (very very) likely they are going to tell you "no problem found" and send you on your way without having done anything... because there is nothing they can do to fix the fact your phone does not automatically connect every time.

That is, if they dont cancel your appointment first. Dont shoot the messenger, thats just what is likely to happen (either them canceling the appointment, or them telling you "this is being looked at by engineering, and will likely be addressed in a future firmware update", along with "remove your phone from the car and car from the phone, and try pairing it again".

I have a brand new Tesla model y and a new iPhone 12. the app is loaded but won't do anything but go to the Tesla web site. The dealership rep said this was common and the site was probably down. I took her word for it and drove home. It has been 72 hours and I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app. the phone has connected to the car's bluetooth ok but the phone key function won't work. Any tips?

I’m loathe to start another thread on this subject as this question (or variations of) seems to come up regularly, but there doesn’t appear to be a definitive answer and the threads just die!

I’m having the same issue as the OP with the hexadecimal BT connection that can’t be removed.

Does anyone know what the definitive answer is?

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
I had the same issue and it was because the drivers seat weight sensor wasn’t detecting anything. I also had an issue where when moving my car in the garage without my seatbelt it would keep forcing the car into park. Tesla replaced my seat and both these issues have been fixed. There was an update a while back that made it so the car wouldn’t connect to your phone unless someone was in the drivers seat.
Is this a warranty issue? Car was still under warranty when you had this done? Ihave the same issue now. Thanks.