Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone connectivity and actions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife's iPhone is connected to our MYLR. We were driving and all of a sudden we get a LOUD sound that scared us both. It was her phone getting a text message. We parked at home and she went inside with the phone. I stayed in the car and while she was returning the text i can hear loudly the keys being tapped over the car speakers. I went to the speaker icon on the dash and turned it down and it turned the volume down on her phone? How do I change the volume and turn off the key stroke sounds in the MY?

Same problem.

I have the myQ app installed which sends me a notification every time a garage door opens. When backing out of my garage at home and at work, my Tesla volume goes to "10" (LOUD) with that notification.

I don't really want to remove the app. I never have this problem using CarPlay with my other vehicles.

A separate setting for "maximum volume" coming from Bluetooth connections would fix this problem and save my eardrums rather than pointing fingers at Tesla or Apple or app developers. Or simply don't allow notifications to change the volume.

This happens to me all the time. Sometimes the volume of the music is on high and enough to blow out your eardrums. Other times, the music level is fine, but the phone is full blast. Sometimes the sound of the keys being hit is loud. The other day, someone came to my door at home, and the Ring doorbell was so loud it was terrible. You would think that if I reset the volume for something, it would stay at that volume, but no. This is a recurring problem, but no fear, in the latest update (today), you can change the color of your car on the screen and in the app! Weren't we all waiting for that gem!

I seemed to have the same issue. But only when my wife's iphone is connected. If I'm using the car on my own with my my iPhone. The car behaves fine. Bluetooth does not set itself to the max has hers. Not sure what I did to make mine phone work fine on the Y while her phone makes it go max each time.