Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone contacts will not download to phone on Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ever since the 7.0 when we turn on our iPhone and go into the phone on the screen even though the phone shows it is connected there are no contact numbers. If I go back into the iPhone on the screen and hit search then stop and reconnect they appear. If I shut the phone off and try to make a call all the contact info is gone, the contact info was always there since we have had the car as long as the phone was on and the Bluetooth icon was blue. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening.

Ever since the 7.0 when we turn on our iPhone and go into the phone on the screen even though the phone shows it is connected there are no contact numbers. If I go back into the iPhone on the screen and hit search then stop and reconnect they appear. If I shut the phone off and try to make a call all the contact info is gone, the contact info was always there since we have had the car as long as the phone was on and the Bluetooth icon was blue. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening.

Try telling the Telsa to "ignore" the iPhone, and then re-pair the iPhone fresh. I've had to do that occasionally on firmware updates to both the car and the iPhone. It seems there could be a subtle incompatibility between Bluetooth devices which pairing fresh seems to resolve; at least until the next firmware update.

OP, I've not encountered this problem with my iPhone6 and iOS 9.1, nor have I had any strange issues with calendar items -- I'm running 7.0 on my MS.

I did have some very bizarre issues earlier this week with what ended-up being (summary form): a missed call from the day before that would appear as an incoming call that wouldn't answer, and when I responded to the IC or 17" pop-up, the other would remain -- intermittently as I was driving and every time I'd enter my MS... And loss of most of the media player controls, along with some oddities with Nav routing. When I called Ntl support, he had me delete pairing of my iPhone from MS, then verify it was gone from my iPhone, reboot my iPhone, (I had already rebooted the 17" and IC multiple times), repair the phone with MS, and from then on all has been back to normal. He was suprised, as apparently this sort of thing occurred with prior iOS, maybe when iPhone6 first came out, and prior MS software levels, but not in recent times.

Net of the story... As was suggested, Try unpairing your phone, make sure it's gone from your phone and MS, then re-pair, and see if the problem magically disappears. ...as to if its a MS or Apple problem, well, I'll leave it to others that love to speculate to throw their 2-cents worth in. I reported it to a Tesla and moved on. ;)

OP, I've not encountered this problem with my iPhone6 and iOS 9.1, nor have I had any strange issues with calendar items -- I'm running 7.0 on my MS.

I did have some very bizarre issues earlier this week with what ended-up being (summary form): a missed call from the day before that would appear as an incoming call that wouldn't answer, and when I responded to the IC or 17" pop-up, the other would remain -- intermittently as I was driving and every time I'd enter my MS... And loss of most of the media player controls, along with some oddities with Nav routing. When I called Ntl support, he had me delete pairing of my iPhone from MS, then verify it was gone from my iPhone, reboot my iPhone, (I had already rebooted the 17" and IC multiple times), repair the phone with MS, and from then on all has been back to normal. He was suprised, as apparently this sort of thing occurred with prior iOS, maybe when iPhone6 first came out, and prior MS software levels, but not in recent times.

Net of the story... As was suggested, Try unpairing your phone, make sure it's gone from your phone and MS, then re-pair, and see if the problem magically disappears. ...as to if its a MS or Apple problem, well, I'll leave it to others that love to speculate to throw their 2-cents worth in. I reported it to a Tesla and moved on. ;)
Thanks for the info, I repaired it with the MS but did not remove it from the iPhone, will try that.

I have had all sorts of problems with iOS 9.1 on my phone. Crazy stuff like the touch screen being totally unresponsive. But I have no problem connecting to the car. All my contacts and my calendar do show up. I think your problem is iOS related, not Tesla related.

So I went in this morning and removed the iPhone from the Tesla and the Tesla iPhone from the iPhone and repaired and same problem. I have all the contacts as long as I do not turn off the iPhone, once I do that and turn it on and connect my contacts are gone. If I hit search for a new device and then cancel and reconnect all the contacts load.

So I went in this morning and removed the iPhone from the Tesla and the Tesla iPhone from the iPhone and repaired and same problem. I have all the contacts as long as I do not turn off the iPhone, once I do that and turn it on and connect my contacts are gone. If I hit search for a new device and then cancel and reconnect all the contacts load.

I'm sure you have already done this but just to confirm, here is what the manual says and below that what my iPhone 6 settings look like:

"Importing Contacts
Once paired, you can use the Bluetoothsettings screen to specify whether you wantto allow access to your phone’s contacts andrecent calls.
If access is turned on, you can see your list ofcontacts on the Model S touchscreen. TouchPhone > Contacts. You can then touch acontact to dial its phone number or navigateto its address.
Note: Before contacts can be imported, youmay need to either set your phone to allowsyncing, or respond to a popup on your phoneto confirm that it is OK to sync contacts. Thisvaries depending on the type of phone youare using. For details, refer to the ownerdocumentation provided with your phone.
If access is turned on, imported information isdisplayed when you touch the contacts tab onthe Phone app."

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 187
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg