TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

iPhone dock before Model X delivery?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Enz295, Sep 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Enz295

Enz295 Member

I should be taking delivery of my Model X in a week or 2.
    Can somebody tell me if the car comes with a iPhone docking point, or if this is something that must be mounted after, specified before taking delivery ect... ?

2. Sandiegodoug

Sandiegodoug Member

Car didn't come with it
    I ordered from tesla and had service center install during pick up

3. dragonxt

dragonxt Active Member

Mine was delivered with it installed. Still missing half the parts.

4. LJ32

LJ32 Member

Just additional information, if Model X is ordered with the Premium Package, the iPhone docking point is included. See NOTE from the Tesla Store when viewing this item.
    Note: For use with Integrated Center Console, the phone dock is not a service-installed accessory. The Quick Connection Phone Dock is included with the premium upgrades package on custom Model S and Model X vehicle orders.

5. Enz295

Enz295 Member

I have the premium package. So does that mean the "phone dock" is not installed, but the "quick connection phone dock" is?
    What's the difference? Or are they the same thing?

6. LJ32

LJ32 Member

Tesla Shop only shows one item, "Model S/X Quick Connection Phone Dock", there is no such item showing called "phone dock." The language given in the NOTE that I shared may mean that if you order this as a separate item from Tesla Shop, Service Center installation is not included. My Tesla DS explained to me that the "Model S/X Quick Connection Phone Dock" will already be installed for me when I pickup my MX100D on 9/30 since I have the premium package.

7. Sandiegodoug

Sandiegodoug Member

Well , I didn't order pup and bought the phone dock and front mats from tesla an they installed both during delivery. Maybe I have a nice delivery team.

8. JCB_Arizona

JCB_Arizona Member

It seems rather easy to install. But, I'm sure the delivery people will install if if you ask them nicely.

9. robpickering

robpickering Member

I took delivery of my 2017 Model X 75D on September 3rd. It had the Premium package and the iPhone lightning connector was pre-installed in the vehicle. I also have a mini-USB cable that can be swapped out for it.

-Rob

10. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

The website is confusing now. The PUP does not say it includes it currently. The accessory site says it still does. My DS says they still install it for PUP cars at delivery if you want them to. (Meaning either iPhone or Android, I assume.)