Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone dock before Model X delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just additional information, if Model X is ordered with the Premium Package, the iPhone docking point is included. See NOTE from the Tesla Store when viewing this item.
Note: For use with Integrated Center Console, the phone dock is not a service-installed accessory. The Quick Connection Phone Dock is included with the premium upgrades package on custom Model S and Model X vehicle orders.

I have the premium package. So does that mean the "phone dock" is not installed, but the "quick connection phone dock" is?
What's the difference? Or are they the same thing?
Tesla Shop only shows one item, "Model S/X Quick Connection Phone Dock", there is no such item showing called "phone dock." The language given in the NOTE that I shared may mean that if you order this as a separate item from Tesla Shop, Service Center installation is not included. My Tesla DS explained to me that the "Model S/X Quick Connection Phone Dock" will already be installed for me when I pickup my MX100D on 9/30 since I have the premium package.

I should be taking delivery of my Model X in a week or 2.
Can somebody tell me if the car comes with a iPhone docking point, or if this is something that must be mounted after, specified before taking delivery ect... ?

I took delivery of my 2017 Model X 75D on September 3rd. It had the Premium package and the iPhone lightning connector was pre-installed in the vehicle. I also have a mini-USB cable that can be swapped out for it.

-Rob