Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone Holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hay All,

I’ve found myself more and more trying to balance my iPhone on the dashboard or down on the black area below so I can use Waze maps on my iPhone.

Does anyone have any suggestions of the best iPhone holder to use so the phone would be in my peripheral view and not have to look away / down.

Its an iPhone 12 pro max so bit heavier than your regular iPhone !

Cheers
Shaun

The one I use is similar to the one suggested by 08micev, it also mounts to the side of the screen. I found that to be the best place for cell phone access without taking my eyes off the road.

This particular one wraps around the entire backside, and is barely visible from the front. It has two arms for the left and right sides, as well as a pocket on top. It only comes with one holder, so if you want to hold 2 phones you'll need to pick up a second holder that works with a ball joint. Also note that this is not a magnetic mount, but magnetic mounts are pretty cheap.

The one I got is $30, but I found another seller with a 20% (black friday) discount. Link here. https://amzn.to/2J7QmMx

* I used a suction mount which sticks to the rear of the screen for about a year, eventually the suction started wearing off every 2 weeks. I could just buy a replacement as the mount is only $10, but then I found the mount mentioned above.

Last edited:
Similar to the other two answers, I have mine mounted in the upper left corner of the center display, but mine is a wireless Qi charger, with fan, by Xvida. I'm sure if you're quick, you can get a BF deal.
Magnetic Qi Wireless Charging Suction Mount for Smartphones
IMG_2110.jpg

You could also get the one without the mounting bracket, and mount it right in front of the steering wheel with the sticky pad. I tried it there, but found angle caused alot of glare. I suppose I could have tweaked the angle and reduced the glare, but just put it back to its regular spot next to the center display.
IMG_5823.jpeg