Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone Integration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone - as a new Model Y owner, I'm really enjoying this forum. Having a hard time with radio and maps that are so intricately tied to my phone. How do you get AM stations, Sirius, and maps that are easily accessible on your phone without using your phone all the time while driving. It would be nice to be able to access these functions through the Tesla screen to keep eyes on the road.

Thank you!
Ken

@kshon good questions!

For AM radio: I'm not sure what it's like in Chicago, but where I am, some of the AM stations in Vancouver also broadcast on digital FM using one of the HD1, HD2, etc sub-channels. You may want to check your station(s) website(s) to see if they broadcast under HD FM radio.

For Sirius: there are a couple of options other than streaming and controlling with the phone. You can get a kit from Sirius (I believe some have even gotten it for free when they called to cancel due to not being able to use the service natively in their new Tesla) that includes an antenna and a small module with FM transmitter. That might be an option. Another option is there's an Alexa Auto or Alexa Automotive (or something?) available from Amazon that some people use in their Teslas. I think it still ends up streaming that way but you can control it all by voice? I'm not super familiar but try searching the community here for Sirius and Alexa and I bet you'll find the details.

For maps: are you talking about Waze? I haven't tried it yet but there's a web version of Waze that's supposed to work well in the Tesla's web browser: Tesla Traffic Incidents and Information.

Reactions: Redekw