Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iphone interfering with fob??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just had the second annual service on our Model S 85D, and now my wife's fob is acting up.
We are wondering if her iphone (being next to the fob in her purse) is causing interference with the fob.
Has any one else run across this anomaly?
The other thing that comes to mind is that the battery in the fob (having just been replaced) is possibly not "seated" properly in the fob.

My car never "sees" my fob if I have my phone (galaxy s8+) in the same pocket. I am still on my first set of batteries.
Fwiw I believe the same thing happens with my wife's Honda Odyssey fob so it might be interfernce with whatever rf the key fobs use.

It absolutely causes cross interference. If I have my phone and my fob in separate but adjacent pockets (think cargo shorts, upper right pocket and lower right pocket), the fob will act all kinds of flakey. If I have my phone in my right pocket, and my fob in my left pocket, all is well in the world.

Last edited:
As have been stated before, yes! The phone is interfering with the fob. I had the same issue with my Hyundai Sonata fob, I have the issue with my wife's Infiniti fob and I have the issue with my Model S fob.