TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

iPhone keeps disconnecting when plaing music over Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Torpedo Ted, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Torpedo Ted

Torpedo Ted Member

I'm having problem playing music from my iPhone. Every few minutes (sometimes shorter, sometimes longer), the music will just stop, the phone is gone from bluetooth connection for a few seconds, before it shows again and i'm able to continue playing.

Have anyone experienced something similar? I have this problem with both my cars (P85/P85D). Playing music on other bluetooth speakers works fine...

2. gizmoboy

gizmoboy Member

I believe others here have observed the same thing.

However, as a counter-example, over the past few weeks, I've done 24-hour test drives with a P85D and a 70D. For both of them, I did my (1.2 hour) commute back and forth.

I listen to audiobooks (using the Audible app) to and from work on my iPhone 6 (latest iOS version), and over a total of 3 trips (~6 hours) and two different cars, I was pleased to discover that the bluetooth stayed up the whole time.

(Conversely, on my Infiniti JX35, the bluetooth will drop randomly somewhere in the commute, sometimes more than once or twice). I therefore use USB audio connection for reliability (not an option on the MS).

So I guess what I'm saying is that it's also possible for the BT to behave very well, and with a phone that has issues on an Infiniti's BT stack.

3. jomo25

jomo25 P4398

This has been seen before. I have personally seen it happen whenever I use Facebook on my iPhone while playing music via BT. No reason I can think of why this app, and this app only causes this problem. But it does.

Others have seen similar issues if they have other BT LE (BT 4.0) devices in the car. Like a Pebble Watch or Tile BT dongle. If I find the other thread, I'll link you to it.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/49577-Bluetooth-issues-Model-S-and-iOS-8-4

4. swixo

swixo New Member

If you are using the TILE app, remove it and try that. Tile disconnects my MS and BT headphones.

Good luck

5. Torpedo Ted

Torpedo Ted Member

Yes, I have a Pebble watch. But since other BT speakers can handle this without problems, I got to assume it's a bug in the Tesla SW :(

6. mahulkp

mahulkp Member

I had the exact same problem with my Pebble and Tiles. Got rid of both and now it works fine.

7. lg_golfs

lg_golfs Member

Tile was my issue. Removed them. Works great now.

8. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Interesting, when I got a Tile on my key ring -- which has my Model S fob and my Roadster key --and paired it to my iPhone the phone would no longer pair to the JVC head unit in my Roadster. However my phone would still pair with my Model S.

9. Blu Zap

Blu Zap Grinning member

I have had very "buggy" experiences with the firmware, especially the latest version of 6.2. Hard reboot was the answer. Hold down both steering wheel scroll wheels for 10 seconds + and see if that works for you.

10. DoubleDownOn9

DoubleDownOn9 Member

Had the same issue with my Pebble watch. Got rid of it; no problems now.

11. dieselol

dieselol Member

I don't have a Pebble or an iPhone, but I do have 0.5-1sec dropouts when playing audio from my phone over BT. This thread got me thinking. I'm wondering if the BT sync from the FitBit app has something to do with my issues.

12. Mjc123

Mjc123 Member

This latest Tesla software update seems to have fixed my iPhone Bluetooth issues (connecting/disconnecting etc)

13. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

I had the same issue. They ended up replacing my MCU.