Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone Key doesn't work after update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently ran the latest software update and somehow my iPhone key was not recognized when I got in the car. On the phone, I tried rebooting it and also disconnecting and reconnecting my bluetooth but the car still didn't see it. On the car I tried rebooting the system and it still didn't recognize the phone key. What I ended up doing was removing the key and re adding it back on. Has anyway seen this behavior before? One thing that was odd to me prior to removing the phone key was my bluetooth connection on the phone still said it was connected and I was able to play music from my phone.

I recently ran the latest software update and somehow my iPhone key was not recognized when I got in the car. On the phone, I tried rebooting it and also disconnecting and reconnecting my bluetooth but the car still didn't see it. On the car I tried rebooting the system and it still didn't recognize the phone key. What I ended up doing was removing the key and re adding it back on. Has anyway seen this behavior before? One thing that was odd to me prior to removing the phone key was my bluetooth connection on the phone still said it was connected and I was able to play music from my phone.
This happens to me from time to time with a software update. usually the problem resolves itself within a day or two. Until then, I have to pull my actual key card out of my wallet to get into the car and drive it. It's a little irritating but not the end of the world

Upvote 0
Ran the update two days ago. Now I can only connect via Bluetooth to my phone when in the car – it disconnects as soon as I exit. And if we connect my wife’s phone (in the car), mine disconnects. Can’t have more than one connected. And when she exits, hers disconnects too.
What’s going on here???

Upvote 0
Ran the update two days ago. Now I can only connect via Bluetooth to my phone when in the car – it disconnects as soon as I exit. And if we connect my wife’s phone (in the car), mine disconnects. Can’t have more than one connected. And when she exits, hers disconnects too.
What’s going on here???
I had to remove my iPhone and re add it again. This happens twice and now it stayed in for about 5 days now. Hope it stays

Upvote 0