Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone Key issues after recent update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently, software bumped to 2022.8.2, iPhone on 15.4.1, I leave the Tesla app open im the background has full access to location and refresh, but multiple times in the last week if I don’t have the Tesla app open it won’t unlock the vehicle and I mean open as I pull from my pocket and open from the background, Previously if it was in my pocket and running in the background it had no issues. Anyone else have this same issue?

I had lots of issues with the phone key prior to upgrading to "15.4". Until now I have hesitated upgrading to 15.4.1 because Apple "solved" high battery drain with this release. I expect this involves turning off many of the iPhone features when not in use. This thread seems to confirm my fears. :(

Possible iOS issue? Are you seeing Bluetooth issues elsewhere? Not seeing the issue with iOS 15.3.1.
I have this issue, and I just checked, I'm on 15.3.1, and 4.7.1 of the Tesla app. I have to turn off Bluetooth, wait till Telsa app gives me a notification that phone key won't work if bluetooth is disabled (I hope Tesla sees the irony), then re-enable bluetooth..... doing this will connect the phone about half of the time.

Still not seeing the issue on my iPhone 13 Pro with iOS 15.3.1 and car firmware 2022.8.2. 2018 Model 3. Here are my Tesla app settings:

1285E5CC-67A4-4BEE-AC57-6D9EEE69C795.png

I have this issue, and I just checked, I'm on 15.3.1, and 4.7.1 of the Tesla app. I have to turn off Bluetooth, wait till Telsa app gives me a notification that phone key won't work if bluetooth is disabled (I hope Tesla sees the irony), then re-enable bluetooth..... doing this will connect the phone about half of the time.
this sounds like me. I'm on iphone 7 15.3.1 and tesla app 4.71. my husband has an SE on 15.3.1 tesla app 4.71. both the same. His works and mine doesn't - same car. That would tell me it is more likely something to do with the phones themselves.

this sounds like me. I'm on iphone 7 15.3.1 and tesla app 4.7.1. my husband has an SE on 15.3.1 tesla app 4.7.1. both the same. His works and mine doesn't - same car. That would tell me it is more likely something to do with the phones themselves. Sometimes it will let me open the door with my app but not drive the car without a key card.

I took the plunge and upgraded the phone to 15.4.1. The car was already on 2022.8.2.
I'm happy to report that both unlock and walk away is still working (knock on wood).

I will report back if I experience any issues.