Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone maintains connectivity but keeps losing text message synch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My iPhone always links to my 2018 MS, so not a bluetooth issue.
However, almost every time I get in the car and check its status, I have to manually resynch the text messaging and "chime" functions.
This has persisted with multiple software upgrades (currently 2020.24.6.1).
Is this a known problem for others?
Any solutions?
Thanks

My iPhone always links to my 2018 MS, so not a bluetooth issue.
However, almost every time I get in the car and check its status, I have to manually resynch the text messaging and "chime" functions.
This has persisted with multiple software upgrades (currently 2020.24.6.1).
Is this a known problem for others?
Any solutions?
Thanks
Same here. Thought it was just something I was doing wrong since I’ve only owned the vehicle for 3 days.

Quick question...

Does everyone here who has this issue have an MCU2 vehicle?

My wife drives a 2020 Raven Performance Model X (MCU2) and has this exact problem with her Samsung S20 Ultra. I, on the other hand, drive a 2017 Model S (MCU1) and haven't seen the message option turn off on my car connected to my Samsung S20 Ultra.

Both our cars are running 2020.28.5

Interesting detective work Art.
My 2015 MCU1 and Samsung S9+ work flawlessly. Never reconnected text messages.
2019 Model 3 and wife's Iphone 8+ never work.
I always figured it was an Iphone issue. Interesting if it was an MCU2 issue.

I got a text message once in my wife's car when I first synced it (from the Samsung) but never since....

Reactions: Art VandeIay
Quick question...

Does everyone here who has this issue have an MCU2 vehicle?

My wife drives a 2020 Raven Performance Model X (MCU2) and has this exact problem with her Samsung S20 Ultra. I, on the other hand, drive a 2017 Model S (MCU1) and haven't seen the message option turn off on my car connected to my Samsung S20 Ultra.

Both our cars are running 2020.28.5

I just replaced my MCU1 and upgraded to MCU2 ($2700.00 with taxes) and this started to happen???

• Informative
Reactions: Art VandeIay